The Psychology of Revenge: Why We Should Stop Celebrating Osama Bin Laden's Death

scubanurse

You can say the same about the Japanese and German leadership circa WW2, but we didn't summary execute them (considering there are reports that this was purely a "kill" mission). Personally, if I had to choose between being a victim of Bin Laden or Unit 731, I'd pick Bin Laden every time.

Well, I would prefer NOT to be a Victim and there was many attempts to "whack" Hitler ... just saying you do not know your history.

Pacifists remind me of the Black between an Elephants toes ... they are just too slow to survive.

cheers

Edited by tniuqs

Deuteronomy:

19:21 "And thine eye shall not pity; but life shall go for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot."

This Huffington does't appear to be a God fearing Christian ... pitty .

Deuteronomy:

12:2-3 " 'You must completely destroy all the places where the nations you dispossess have served their gods, on high mountains, on hills, under any spreading tree;

you must tear down their altars, smash their sacred stones, burn their sacred poles, hack to bits the statues of their gods and obliterate their name from that place."

Hmm, most people now a days don't agree with religious wars. Pity, I guess Americans are bad Christians.

Deuteronomy:

13:7-11 "'If your brother, the son of your father or of your mother, or your son or daughter, or the spouse whom you embrace, or your most intimate friend, tries secretly to seduce you, saying, "Let us go and serve other gods," unknown to you or your ancestors before you, gods of the peoples surrounding you, whether near you or far away, anywhere throughout the world, you must not consent, you must not listen to him; you must show him no pity, you must not spare him or conceal his guilt. No, you must kill him, your hand must strike the first blow in putting him to death and the hands of the rest of the people following. You must stone him to death, since he has tried to divert you from Yahweh your God who brought you out of Egypt, from the place of slave-labour."

So, if a family member follows a different religion and tries to convert me, I must stone them to death? How peaceful. After all, isn't it only that "backwards" Islam religion that calls for stoning?

Don't get me started quoting the entire kosher food requirements that Deuteronomy demands. Which, again, I guess makes America and most Christians... well... bad Christians.

Want to quote Deuteronomy like this? Cool, but you have to own it, all of it, not just the parts that are beneficial.

Well, I would prefer NOT to be a Victim and there was many attempts to "whack" Hitler ... just saying you do not know your history.

Snipers and actual combat versus what could easily have been a snatch and grab are two different things. Why didn't we just immediately execute German and Japanese leaders again?

Also, congrats on picking a non-option. I guess Jews who died fighting the Final Solution aren't victims? If you want to go that route, I'd just pick that we'd know Hitler as a mediocre landscape artist and Bin Laden the middle manager of the Saudi Binladin Group. Those, however, are not viable alternatives than having to deal with Hitler the mass murderer or Osama the terrorist.

Pacifists remind me of the Black between an Elephants toes ... they are just too slow to survive.

cheers

There's a difference between pacifism and realizing that there's a difference between a snatch and grab operation that could have, in fact probably would have, resulted in Osama's death, and sending a hit squad in with no intention of capture. One is revenge, the other is actual justice. Revenge should never be an option for a civilized nation. Justice, however, should always be an option. After all, if we want revenge, why not just drop a nuclear bomb?

Oh, if you want to sling shit like that, I can play to. You can stop by putting down Call of Duty and joining everyone else at the adult table.

Edited by JPINFV
  • Like 1

I guess Americans are bad Christians.

Want to quote Deuteronomy like this? Cool, but you have to own it, all of it, not just the parts that are beneficial.

Snipers and actual combat versus what could easily have been a snatch and grab are two different things. Why didn't we just immediately execute German and Japanese leaders again?

Oh, if you want to sling shit like that, I can play to. You can stop by putting down Call of Duty and joining everyone else at the adult table.

Also, congrats on picking a non-option.

Late entry .. got to love unit 731 ... heck without them we would not have genetic manipulation.

Edited by tniuqs

"I guess you are one of very few in the USA believing that today, well besides Kate."

"Its all that needed to be stated IMHO."

You're the one that's claiming that whether someone is a good Christian or not is based on following Deuteronomy. I guess I can also surmise that, based on your stance on quotes from Deuteronomy, that you support the message of Westboro Baptist Church. After all, they're quoting Deuteronomy too, like how your supposed good little "Christians" should.

"We learned ?"

Learned or regressed? Who are we if we become the thing we loath? Is American not better than this?

"Congrats for attempting to arge a point you will never win, ever think you should have become a Lawyer ? I would love to read a post you have made about anything medical JPINFV but I can't find ONE ?"

http://www.emtcity.com/index.php/topic/19949-how-bleeding-causes-rigidity/page__p__257302__fromsearch__1#entry257302

http://www.emtcity.com/index.php/topic/19960-is-this-a-hippa-law-violation/page__st__10

http://www.emtcity.com/index.php/topic/19634-cardiac-arrest-save-caught-on-video/page__p__254210__fromsearch__1#entry254210

Of course I could start posting links from other forums since I'm more active elsewhere now or go further back in time.

Late entry .. got to love unit 731 ... heck without them we would not have genetic manipulation.

Too bad you couldn't go back and volunteer to be a subject for them then.

Snipers and actual combat versus what could easily have been a snatch and grab are two different things.

You can't say "snatch" here.

You can say the same about the Japanese and German leadership circa WW2, but we didn't summary execute them (considering there are reports that this was purely a "kill" mission). Honestly I dont get you. Do you honestly think for one minute that there weren't purley kill mission on the above. Just because you or I didnt hear about it, of course there where give your head a shake. Personally, if I had to choose between being a victim of Bin Laden or Unit 731, I'd pick Bin Laden every time. Well I guess we can't test that theory now can we.

I respect that you have the freedom to have an opion, but I think you have forgotten how you got it. There always have and always will have bad people, and it is the innocent that pay the price. In this case the bad person got his just deserve.

You're the one that's claiming that whether someone is a good Christian or not is based on following Deuteronomy. I guess I can also surmise that, based on your stance on quotes from Deuteronomy, that you support the message of Westboro Baptist Church. After all, they're quoting Deuteronomy too, like how your supposed good little "Christians" should.

Learned or regressed? Who are we if we become the thing we loath? Is American not better than this?

Too bad you couldn't go back and volunteer to be a subject for them then.

I respect that you have the freedom to have an opion, but I think you have forgotten how you got it. There always have and always will have bad people, and it is the innocent that pay the price. In this case the bad person got his just deserve.

So because I don't always agree with the methods, that's somehow wrong? Why is it bad that I can admit that my country has done bad things in the past, and like all countries, will probably do bad things in the future? I guess I should be ok with the slaughter and constant moving of the Indians, with slavery, with the WW2 internment camps, and with every other decision that America has made then? The question is not whether bad things will happen, but how we respond, and what we recognize would be a better plan.

I fear the day that any part of the government, including and -especially- the military is beyond all reproach, because once that happens they have the ultimate power.

Also, I think you forgot how we got freedom. We didn't get freedom by just going along with what ever the British military told us to do. If we had this, "Our country is never wrong. The military is never wrong. RAH! RAH! RAH!" we'd still be British.