Say a little prayer

HERBIE1

I debated as to whether or not to post anything here, but oh well.

On November 1, my nephew/godson was killed in Afghanistan. His platoon was returning from a patrol when a suicide bomber rode up on a motorcycle and detonated an IED, killing Andy and his buddy Jonathon. Apparently they took the brunt of the explosion, so although the rest of his platoon was also badly injured, they all should survive. Andy was 21 and he was my sister's only child. He arrives back home from Dover AFB tomorrow, wake is Wednesday, funeral Thursday. I will be a mess for the next few days.

Please say a prayer for all the soldiers who have made the ultimate sacrifice, and those still in harms way.

• Like 1

I debated as to whether or not to post anything here, but oh well.

On November 1, my nephew/godson was killed in Afghanistan. His platoon was returning from a patrol when a suicide bomber rode up on a motorcycle and detonated an IED, killing Andy and his buddy Jonathon. Apparently they took the brunt of the explosion, so although the rest of his platoon was also badly injured, they all should survive. Andy was 21 and he was my sister's only child. He arrives back home from Dover AFB tomorrow, wake is Wednesday, funeral Thursday. I will be a mess for the next few days.

Please say a prayer for all the soldiers who have made the ultimate sacrifice, and those still in harms way.

Hey man sorry for your loss. Your nephew was a great guy and we should all look to him as a hero in our life. Standing out on the front line away from your friends and family to out your life on the line for people who you don't even know for our freedom. May I be th first to say thank you to you and your family for allowing him to serve but also let me say that I am deeply sorry for your loss. May he guard heavens gates with all our other brother and sisters who went before. May god bless you and your family in your time of sorrow. My wife and I are praying to give y'all stength and guidence.

Harold Peace

Ps need anything let me know will see what we can do.

• Like 1

I wish I had the words that could take away loss and pain, but I know I have none.

Please know that you and your family, and all who knew your nephew are in my thoughts and prayers today, and through the next difficult days.

• Like 1

My heart goes out to you and your family. 21 is far to young to go, and I can't imagine the pain you all must be feeling now. Take comfort in the good memories you have, and how appropriately to be buried on veterans day. Will there be any sort of memorial fund in his honor?

My sincerest condolences,

Katie

• Like 1

I'm sorry brother for your loss. I can't imagine the horror of losing a child and with any luck, never will.

You are in our thoughts daily for the contributions you make in knowledge and spirit here. Know that the Womacks from Colorado will be sending thoughts of peace and healing for your boy, and all who loved him.

Keep your chin up...and shame on you for not knowing if you should tell us or not! But I'll take back that shame as you decided that we're more than just names on a computer screen...

Love to your sister...

Dwayne

• Like 1

Thanks, all.

Dreading the next 3 days. Having coffee, getting ready, and steeling myself for what is to come. Based on all the media requests and calls we have received, this will be huge. I have been trying to prepare my family for what will happen- a line of duty death is a huge event, and sadly I have been through too many of those. A soldier KIA is exactly the same thing in terms of scope and interest. It's all been so abstract until now- it's been a week of plans, media interviews, making arrangements, family issues, and now he's finally coming home.

• Like 1

Condolences to you, and your family, from both myself, and my mother, Past Commander Sara Berger, of the Queens County Council (New York) of the Jewish War Veterans of the United States.

Richard Berger, Sara Berger.

• Like 1