23 members have voted

1. 1. The New Decals On the Hood of an Ambulance Should Read:

• Get the hell out of my way
    • Move it Grandma
    • Yes, You, Pull Over
    • This Space for Rent
    • If You can Read this, You are in my way
    • Learn to Drive Jackass

I really do not think that any message would work. In fact I think it would make it worse. People would slow or stop to read the stupid thing. I agree it is frustrating. I think the camera is the best idea. Send them a ticket. We have a particular road patrol deputy that works our area that if he hears us go out emergent he will hang in the area and pull over drivers that do not yield, but there is only one of him and so many idiots with a drivers license.

I love those combat rigs NICE.

Kiwi you cant drive period with or without endorsment LOL :icecream:

I dont think wording will do anything. Install 180dB train horns on the rig. it moves folks better then anything else. Makes air horns sound like party favors. I move more people with the horns then with the sirens. I think too many people have gotten used to hearing sirens and dont pay them any attention. Plus with everybody listening to their ipods or freaking texting while driving it takes 180dB to wake them up :devilish:

I have heard the rumbler sirens work quite well because you "feel" the siren coming as much as hear it, down side is you may just thing its a dumb kid with a big sub in his sunfire.

I'm sure you could work out a cost sharing plan with the RCMP (insert police force here) for the cameras, would have to link speed, status of emergency systems and location, maybe just a video camera like the dash cams cruisers have made to read plates?

I voted for "rent this space"

There's some roadside advertising here that gets itself in trouble frequently with the press, so here it is! i want to see these guys rent the front of an ambulance......

bonk-longer.jpg

Think about it....

• 2 weeks later...
...Then the registered owner of the vehicle will receive a ticket in the mail...

Welcome to Ohio 2010! We just got that capability without all the awesome cameras and signage.

Seriously though, I say go for sponsorship! Maybe if we put sponsor stickers on it we can get free medics and equipment?

The problem with putting advertising on the hood is, if they don't move for mirror writing "AMBULANCE" (ECNALUBMA), as they will be reading the ad, won't move out of the way, as they will be reading the ad!

Edited by Richard B the EMT