Watching Bringing out the dead moviie-Interesting.?

medic82942003

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, fantastic movie. It is a little difficult for people outside of the "biz" to understand, but most people I know who are not in ems/fire also enjoyed it. The movie did no do well in the box office because it wasn't your typical hollywood blow it all up kind of movie.

1) If I remember correctly, the Paramedic who wrote it, had the suggestion to write it come from his psychiatrist, as the Medic was approaching burnout. The "shrink" felt that he could excise his demons by doing the writing.

2) Due to my weight, I kind of feel the John Goodman character was like me. When my book gets opted for screenplay, I'll see if he'll play me in the movie (aren't all of us thinking of writing a screenplay based on ourselves in this line of work?).

3) In past mentions of this movie, here in the "City", many say they don't like it. They like "Mother, Jugs and Speed" even less.

I've never heard of that one. Might look to see if it's available anywhere to watch online...

It came out about the same time as "Bringing out the Dead". Since this movie was not a hollywood movie, it did not receive as much attention. Same type of movie though, medics with extreme burnout.