Milestone in the Ruff house

Just Plain Ruff

For those of you who know of my wife and daughters miracle of life that we went through last year you will understand why this was such a huge deal in the Ruff household. If not you'll just realize it's a cool thing

My daughter Gabrielle started crawling sunday afternoon.

My wife can't keep up with her now.

Go speedy go.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than make my usual dumb jokes, I'll back off somewhat, and ask you to refresh my memory as to what happened? I seem to recall there was something catastrophic.

Edited by Richard B the EMT

Rather than make my usual dumb jokes, I'll back off somewhat, and ask you to refresh my memory as to what happened? I recall there was something catastrophic.

ok for those that don't know and I will tell you what we went through

Found out we were pregnant the week to the day after we buried my wifes dad. (I was working the night we coded him)

Went to the doc that week. Put on Heparin IM for my wife's Factor 5 Lytum whatever the hellthat is I forget. 7500 units IM in am and 7500 in pm

Went on for 8 weeks with just the aboved.

The found that the cervix was 1/8 inch thick and we went for a emergency Cerclage to close the cervix - then spent 9 days in the hospital on bed rest

came home for 3 weeks, returned to the ER with some issue and put on 28 days in the hospital bed rest

Came home and was on bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy

during all that time we found out she was a gestational diabetic - put on glyburide

At 37 weeks we found out the the little baby stopped growing at 33 weeks so we went in that night to the hospital for a delivery the next day. They gave Jennifer Vancomycin due to some latent infection and she was allergic so she got benadryl and epi over night (I slept through that)

That morning went on pitocin and 7 hours later we had a perfect baby girl.

That's our saga.

The reason why we were on heparin is that the last 3 babies prior to Gabby were miscarriages, two at 7-8 weeks and another we delivered at 17 weeks. Genetic testing showed Factor 5 lytum which I believe is a clotting disorder.

I was during all this time in the hospital and her on bed rest trying to work, keep the house clean, keep up with a 6 year old and all the other stuff that goes with a wife on bedrest.

Thank god for our family, our church family and the prayers of a core group of people on this site and another one I belong too.

But if we had to do it all over again, we would.

What is all this WE crap?? She got the heparin and the bed rest and the pitocin (sucks btw) all you did was give her some wiener and you had a kid.

In all seriousness congratulations!!! I bet she is so big.. Walking and talking back are next for ya!!

Ruff,

thats great to hear. Your daughter is a blessing to be cherished. With the issues you guys have had even more so.

Give her an Aussie kiss from me.

Phil

Ruff,

That is a milestone worth celebrating - congrats! But why don't we see pictures???

Very few children are blessed to be in a home as full of love and caring as yours - I hope that someday she will realize how lucky she is to have parents like you.