Mosque at Ground Zero is a "Slap in the Face"

tniuqs

Compassion and tolerance is a two way street.

This isn't a ban on religion, it's a matter of reopening serious wounds in this country. The construction of the mosque so close to 'Ground Zero' is only going to serve to keep that wound festering and preventing it's healing.

The people of New York aren't saying that the mosque can't be built, they just don't want a Islamic temple so close to the site where Islamic fanatics butchered 3,000 innocent people in the name of Islam.

While so many are claiming that the people of New York City need to be more 'tolerant and compassionate', shouldn't the Muslims (whether radical or not) be sensitive to the needs of the citizens of this country; and the appearance of insensitivity that this mosque will represent?

It was mentioned about Christian radicals, but let me ask this....how many innocent people were slain in an unjustified attack on a nation in the name of God? When was the last time an entire nation was brought to it's proverbial knees in the name of God?

While I disagree with their placement of the mosque but I don't see where it's incumbent upon them to take into account the feelings of anyone. It would be nice for them to take the feelings of the masses but I don't think that they are required to do so.

Do I agree with their placement NO I DON'T but there were muslims who were killed in the attacks. I think and feel that the mosque is partly a memorial to those muslims who died so we are basically saying that they cannot honor their dead.

Did those who are organizing the mosque have anything to do with 9/11, I don't think so but not sure, but why are we penalizing this group?

I know the arguments that it was muslim extremists who killed 3000+ people that day but are we certain that we are punishing the right group.

I'd like to think that this group has honorable intentions, only time will tell if they do or not, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

RUFFEMS:

While I disagree with their placement of the mosque but I don't see where it's incumbent upon them to take into account the feelings of anyone. It would be nice for them to take the feelings of the masses but I don't think that they are required to do so.

So you believe that a double standard should exist well thats completely an oxymoronic statement .

BushyFromOz:

Congratulations Herbie, you just became and advocate for terrorism.

Congratulations BFO you just did a knee jerk post and made yourself foolish :thumbsup:

Can you really not see how ludicrous your statement is??

I think its a realistic comment its simply a caution, sensitive to others beliefs but just how family planning entered into this is beyond me frankly, just an illustration perhaps.

Don't talk about compassion and tolerance, if you want compassion and tolerance let them build their damn center.

Just a simple question(s):

Do you live in North America ?

Do you live in NYC ?

Were you involved directly with a blatant attack on the USA's economic infrastructure as that would make your very emotional responses a bit more justifiable.

More question (s): Did you view the U-Tube factual historical perspective and opinion (without hate in the mans heart) Then backed by reference's from the Koran ? I think not because the history is irrefutable.

Peoples actions prove far stronger than any words ... my Fathers old adage has never failed me yet.

The truth is that the only reason you're against this is because they call god by a different name and it scares the shit out of you.

Irrelevant and intended to be abusive, I personally have no named deity, so just how do you respond to that agnostic view PLEASE don't bother answering that, your knowledge of theology may be seriously challenged.

Hiding behind a tragedy to make your point is a pointless, baseless and downright gutless, not to mention fucking dissrespectful. Lets face it, the entire base to the argument is "Muslims killed Americans = Muslims bad.......we don't want no Muslims here.

Oh so dropping the F bomb and flaming is now a tangible way to influence a professional group striving to be recognized as an respected group of health care providers. I can see the emotion in your rant care for an ativan.

Quoting Lone Star:

While so many are claiming that the people of New York City need to be more 'tolerant and compassionate', shouldn't the Muslims (whether radical or not) be sensitive to the needs of the citizens of this country; and the appearance of insensitivity that this mosque will represent?

Well stated Lone Star I don't believe the "radicals" are sensitive in the slightest. I believe they are gloating in their victory not only of the cowardice act but now very pleased that a sign that have won for Jihad.

I am bookmarking these posts from Bushy, as it will be very interesting for my children to read in 25 years. I started this thread ... now due to the very strong emotion perhaps we should just now watch wait ...

(إن شاء الله)

:closed:

Edited by tniuqs

RUFFEMS:

So you believe that a double standard should exist well thats completely an oxymoronic statement .

What is the double standard?

I don't see one.

I say I disagree with the placement of the mosque

I said that they should take the feelings of those affected in to account but they are NOT required to do so. It would be nice but if they don't do that that is their prerogative.

Show me the double standard

Congratulations Herbie, you just became and advocate for terrorism.

Really? I thought I was pointing out the obvious. So it would be silly to point out that building a liquor store across from a Mormon church would also be a bad idea.

Can you really not see how ludicrous your statement is?? Don't talk about compassion and tolerance, if you want compassion and tolerance let them build their damn center.

I never claimed to be compassionate and tolerant about this situation. I- along with many people in this country- especially those who live in NYC- have a very visceral reaction when it comes to discussing the events of that day. The people responsible for that tragedy- the ones who financed it, the ones who planned it, and the ones who carried it out- are united in one thing- their religious and political beliefs. If this mosque is built, it will reopen the wounds from that day and remind people of who was responsible for 3000 deaths, and why.

The truth is that the only reason you're against this is because they call god by a different name and it scares the shit out of you. Hiding behind a tragedy to make your point is a pointless, baseless and downright gutless, not to mention fucking dissrespectful. Lets face it, the entire base to the argument is "Muslims killed Americans = Muslims bad.......we don't want no Muslims here.

WAY out of line here, NO evidence to make such an accusation, but I won't respond in kind. In short, you are completely WRONG.

I was raised a Catholic, but no longer consider myself practicing.Truth is, I happen to agree with many of the tenets of TRUE ISLAM- I have an ex brother in law who was Palestinian), agree with many ideas of the Druids, and even Buddhists. Maybe I'll start a new hybrid religion, but I digress...

Hiding behind a tragedy- no. If I did, I would use the idea of building that mosque to be PC, to prove how tolerant(naive) we are, that would be using it to trample on the feelings of so many who lost their lives on 9/11, as well as anyone else who was touched by the tragedy.

Yes, MUSLIMS killed Americans. Have you checked out the history of one particular Muslim- the Iman in charge of that mosque? Have you checked out his comments about the attack? What about his belief that they should be able to apply sharia law in this country for Muslims here? Do you know about his book about 9/11, and his call to da'wah-which is a prelude to jihad? Do you think women will be "tolerant" of a group who supports treating women like property?

Compassionate and tolerant? Not bloody likely!

My thoughts exactly.

Really? I thought I was pointing out the obvious. So it would be silly to point out that building a liquor store across from a Mormon church would also be a bad idea.

The quoted example was a bombing of a place where a family planing center was being established, which you justified in your reply.

Prove me wrong.

And turnip, i resemble that statement ;)

The quoted example was a bombing of a place where a family planing center was being established, which you justified in your reply.

Prove me wrong.

And turnip, i resemble that statement ;)

I justified nothing. I said that building a family practice center near a church is not a good idea. That neither justifies a church's right to complain about the clinic, nor some nutjob's decision to bomb it. It was a simple comparison. Just because you CAN do something does not mean it's a good idea.

• Like 1

Oh so dropping the F bomb and flaming is now a tangible way to influence a professional group striving to be recognized as an respected group of health care providers. I can see the emotion in your rant care for an ativan.

In my defence turnip, i didn't realize the profanity filter doesn't work anymore, i though it would show up as something like F*&$#

Do you live in North America ?

Do you live in NYC ?

Does it matter? More than just american citizens have been getting killed in the name of one radical group or another in the last few years you know.

Irrelevant and intended to be abusive, I personally have no named deity, so just how do you respond to that agnostic view PLEASE don't bother answering that, your knowledge of theology may be seriously challenged.

I'll answer, it doesn't matter if your agnostic, hindu or jedi knight, western culture in the last decade is presenting this "evil muslim" view, cue the return of the yellow peril from the 20's. You don't have to believe in god to fear a group that does.

I am bookmarking these posts from Bushy, as it will be very interesting for my children to read in 25 years. I started this thread ... now due to the very strong emotion perhaps we should just now watch wait ...

really? didn't think i was that bad.

Anyway, i will stand by my original view. If you really do believe that the US is the land of the free, home of the brave, center of western democracy and all the good things your presidents present and past like to tell me every few days through the 6 o'clock news then let them build their center.

The office building the clinic was in, is an old building, and the church seemed, in 1972, to be a fairly new construction. The clinic was, and possibly still is, renting the space in the building. I have no way of knowing which was there first.

Something I saw on another BB today in regards:

Suspend disbelief for a second, and think about it.

To be fair, if Canada attacked us, it's be the 51st+ states. However a country didn't attack us, religious fanatics did. Religious fanatics do not dominate any of the major monotheistic religions and all of the monotheistic religions have parts of their religious text that they aren't too proud of in the modern world. It's not hard to go through the Torah or Bible and pull in-context quotes that support fanaticism.