Mosque at Ground Zero is a "Slap in the Face"

tniuqs

Quick question. Would anyone here support banning churches near abortion clinics? After all, christians are well known abortion clinic bombers. Oh, wait. Those are radical christians, and not all christians are radical. However all muslims are radical, or have the potential to be radical.

I take issue with the above statement. Especially the last sentence

ARe all muslims radical? Do they all have the potential to be radical?

I don't believe so

I would think that Muslims would have the same opinion of Christians as we have of them. Their thought process should be All christians are radical or have the potential to be radical.

What we are seeing is a small population of the muslim world garnering most of the media attention. Radical muslims bombing places all over the world. You would think that with all the media reporting that all muslims are like what a small portion of the Muslim population is doing.

Consider the environmental movement and some of the radicals in that movement. WE have the ELF group burning entire new subdivisions because those subdivisions are not green enough. The animal rights crowd bombing the labs and vandalizing the animal labs. Shouldn't we consider everyone of the environmentalists or the animal rights crowd as radical or the potential to be radical.

I'm all for environmentalism so I guess that makes me a radical

I'm all for no testing on animals so I guess that makes me a radical

Let's talk about our founding fathers. They could be considered terrorists because they attacked the government in power. Doesn't that make them terrorists but they are not considered terrorists, they are considered patriots and the fathers of our country but by definition of current laws, they would be considered terrorists.

I have several muslim friends. They are devout muslims, they support the USA and they are in my opinion Americans. But should I disassociate with them because they are radicals or have the potential to be radicals? I think not.

Everyone in america has the potential to become a radical, get the wrong message in their heads and the process starts.

Quick question. Would anyone here support banning churches near abortion clinics? After all, christians are well known abortion clinic bombers. Oh, wait. Those are radical christians, and not all christians are radical. However all muslims are radical, or have the potential to be radical.

I take issue with the above statement. Especially the last sentence

ARe all muslims radical? Do they all have the potential to be radical?

I don't believe so

I would think that Muslims would have the same opinion of Christians as we have of them. Their thought process should be All christians are radical or have the potential to be radical.

What we are seeing is a small population of the muslim world garnering most of the media attention. Radical muslims bombing places all over the world. You would think that with all the media reporting that all muslims are like what a small portion of the Muslim population is doing.

However, it's that small portion of muslims that have people going, "ZOMG MOSQUE. ZOMG BURKA. ZOMG MOSQUE NEAR GROUND ZERO INVITES AND SUPPORTS TERRORISM." I guarantee you that if the argument was, "You can't build a church near an abortion clinic, it's insensitive and politically incorrect. What are the women going to think when they come out and see a cross across the street!" the same people arguing against the mosque would be arguing for the church.

However the claim is being made that a mosque equals Sharia law. If we have "too many sane and rational human beings" for that to happen, then I fail to see the concern. A mosque (or even several mosques) isn't going to suddenly turn a town into Kabul.

These people claim this place is about healing, and fostering better relations between Muslims and the Western world.

BULL. If anyone really believes this, I have some slightly damp land for sale down in Florida you might be interested in too.

Really? Healing? So how do they plan on doing that? By ignoring the feelings of the tens of thousands of people who were affected by the events of that day? That's a good start.

They can build all the mosques they want- just not in the shadow of a site where FANATICAL MUSLIMS killed 3000 people on our soil, in the name of their religion.

They can build all the mosques they want- just not in the shadow of a site where FANATICAL MUSLIMS killed 3000 people on our soil, in the name of their religion.

So you would support banning churches from being around abortion clinics?

Oh, and for the love of God, if the people building and supporting the mosque are US citizens, then it's their soil as well.

racism and hypocrisy is alive and well in here i see

Edited by BushyFromOz
  • Like 2

Quick question. Would anyone here support banning churches near abortion clinics? After all, christians are well known abortion clinic bombers. Oh, wait. Those are radical christians, and not all christians are radical.

I recall a few years ago, some radicals bombed a floor of a building housing an abortion clinic in NYC. They handcuffed the real estate broker who was showing the floor to them to a radiator, and she only survived because their second bomb failed to go off. The site is across the street from a church and church based school, and the floor in question had been the site of my high school a few years earlier (really small school, BTW), at 2nd Avenue at East 23rd Street.

I recall a few years ago, some radicals bombed a floor of a building housing an abortion clinic in NYC. They handcuffed the real estate broker who was showing the floor to them to a radiator, and she only survived because their second bomb failed to go off. The site is across the street from a church and church based school, and the floor in question had been the site of my high school a few years earlier (really small school, BTW), at 2nd Avenue at East 23rd Street.

Actually that quote you quoted was not mine. It was taken from another persons post.

I'm suing you for copyright infringement.

So you would support banning churches from being around abortion clinics?

Oh, and for the love of God, if the people building and supporting the mosque are US citizens, then it's their soil as well.

Well, since the church was probably there first, then I propose that anyone who builds a family planning center near a church is asking for trouble. Second, let's extend your premise. A hospital or doctors office that promotes birth control should not be located anywhere near a Catholic church. After all, strict Roman Catholics should not be using any form of contraception, right? No vasectomy or tubal ligation procedures should be conducted anywhere near there either. Where does it stop?

Yep, these Muslims probably are US citizens. Good for them, and if they are, then they should understand WHY so many people are opposed to their plan. Like I said, if this really is about building bridges between cultures, acceptance, and honoring those who died that day, then there is no way they- as compassionate and tolerant US citizens- should even be considering this idea.

Well, since the church was probably there first, then I propose that anyone who builds a family planning center near a church is asking for trouble.

Congratulations Herbie, you just became and advocate for terrorism.

Yep, these Muslims probably are US citizens. Good for them, and if they are, then they should understand WHY so many people are opposed to their plan. Like I said, if this really is about building bridges between cultures, acceptance, and honoring those who died that day, then there is no way they- as compassionate and tolerant US citizens- should even be considering this idea.

Can you really not see how ludicrous your statement is?? Don't talk about compassion and tolerance, if you want compassion and tolerance let them build their damn center. The truth is that the only reason you're against this is because they call god by a different name and it scares the shit out of you. Hiding behind a tragedy to make your point is a pointless, baseless and downright gutless, not to mention fucking dissrespectful. Lets face it, the entire base to the argument is "Muslims killed Americans = Muslims bad.......we don't want no Muslims here.

Compassionate and tolerant? Not bloody likely!

Edited by BushyFromOz
  • Like 2

Compassion and tolerance is a two way street.

This isn't a ban on religion, it's a matter of reopening serious wounds in this country. The construction of the mosque so close to 'Ground Zero' is only going to serve to keep that wound festering and preventing it's healing.

The people of New York aren't saying that the mosque can't be built, they just don't want a Islamic temple so close to the site where Islamic fanatics butchered 3,000 innocent people in the name of Islam.

While so many are claiming that the people of New York City need to be more 'tolerant and compassionate', shouldn't the Muslims (whether radical or not) be sensitive to the needs of the citizens of this country; and the appearance of insensitivity that this mosque will represent?

It was mentioned about Christian radicals, but let me ask this....how many innocent people were slain in an unjustified attack on a nation in the name of God? When was the last time an entire nation was brought to it's proverbial knees in the name of God?

• Like 1