Kaisu AKA CrapMagnet's Gmail has been hacked!

DwayneEMTP

Hey all!

Some of us are getting emails asking for money from Kaisu's (CrapMagnet) gmail acct. I lost her number when I switched phones and I think she's out on her deployment to...wherever, so may not know that it's happened for quite a while.

If you have her number could you give her a call and let her know she needs to deal with this when she can?

Thanks all...

Dwayne

You are a true blue buddy Dwayne for posting this. I have NO email access (or facebook) for that matter right now. This was awesome of you to post because it lets facebook friends know as well.

For all of you getting that semi-literate piece of trash requesting money... I am not in Wales... I have not been assaulted (at least not unwillingly :rolleyes: ) however.. anyone that wants to send money .. contact me via PM.. :D

You are a true blue buddy Dwayne for posting this. I have NO email access (or facebook) for that matter right now. This was awesome of you to post because it lets facebook friends know as well.

For all of you getting that semi-literate piece of trash requesting money... I am not in Wales... I have not been assaulted (at least not unwillingly :rolleyes: ) however.. anyone that wants to send money .. contact me via PM.. :D

I feel your pain.

Cramagnet- I just dealt with this last week. Since I do not have your email, it must be a separate incident.

Same message, same alleged location(Wales, UK)- but thankfully no link, phone number, or address to send cash to.

I believe the vulnerability lies with the facebook account. The bot- or whatever- gains access to your email account, changes your default email, and send this message to every person in your contact list. It then deletes your entire inbox as well as every one of your contacts. That means any web site that is linked to the compromised email account can be vulnerable.

Sucks, but it could be worse.

I feel your pain.

Cramagnet- I just dealt with this last week. Since I do not have your email, it must be a separate incident.

Same message, same alleged location(Wales, UK)- but thankfully no link, phone number, or address to send cash to.

I believe the vulnerability lies with the facebook account. The bot- or whatever- gains access to your email account, changes your default email, and send this message to every person in your contact list. It then deletes your entire inbox as well as every one of your contacts. That means any web site that is linked to the compromised email account can be vulnerable.

Sucks, but it could be worse.

that is pretty well what happened. I am done with facebook. I will have a hard time reconstructing my contacts on email. Thanks so much for filling me in. I appreciate the info from someone that's been there.

There has been A LOT of this going around lately. Either it being through e-mail or various instant messaging programs. For those of you who do not know, it is called "phising". No, not the hippie band. It is fraud. Someone tries to gain access to your e-mail or whatever through various methods. Most common method is you will get an e-mail that seemingly looks innocent. It will look like it is from your e-mail provider. Saying something a long the lines of security upgrades, needing to change your password. It will link you to a site, that looks just like whatever site you use for e-mail and instruct you to put in your current e-mail/password to verify, then enter a new one. WHAMO!! Now they got your e-mail and password. Also, same thing they will do is say someone did something on facebook/myspace/friendster/random webpage. Links you to the site, and says enter username/password.

Be VERY careful of this. It is easy to overlook things that look like they should. If you ever get something asking to fix your password right after you click a link, chances are its fraud. Look at the link carefully. Also, e-mail providers and places like facebook, will NEVER ask you for your password.

Hope this helps further attempts being made to members here.

There has been A LOT of this going around lately. Either it being through e-mail or various instant messaging programs. For those of you who do not know, it is called "phising". No, not the hippie band. It is fraud. Someone tries to gain access to your e-mail or whatever through various methods. Most common method is you will get an e-mail that seemingly looks innocent. It will look like it is from your e-mail provider. Saying something a long the lines of security upgrades, needing to change your password. It will link you to a site, that looks just like whatever site you use for e-mail and instruct you to put in your current e-mail/password to verify, then enter a new one. WHAMO!! Now they got your e-mail and password. Also, same thing they will do is say someone did something on facebook/myspace/friendster/random webpage. Links you to the site, and says enter username/password.

Be VERY careful of this. It is easy to overlook things that look like they should. If you ever get something asking to fix your password right after you click a link, chances are its fraud. Look at the link carefully. Also, e-mail providers and places like facebook, will NEVER ask you for your password.

Hope this helps further attempts being made to members here.

I am pretty well phish proof and I have extensive security on my computer here at home. I have done nothing unusual. This is a bot that exploited facebook and thru fb ran into my mailbox. I am working with google to try and get my contacts back. I will let you know what happens.

Crapmagnet-

Here's an article which may very well be the reason for our problems. A hacker from NZ seems to be responsible for this. I hope they catch the SOB and hang him by his gonads.

I'll even provide the rope.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/connect/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501833&objectid=10640757

I am pretty well phish proof and I have extensive security on my computer here at home. I have done nothing unusual. This is a bot that exploited facebook and thru fb ran into my mailbox. I am working with google to try and get my contacts back. I will let you know what happens.

FB told me that they require proof of my identity, and MAYBE they can reinstate my account. I too am done with facebook unless they change their policies. Too bad, because FB allowed me to reconnect with some old friends.

They clearly have been caught with their pants down on this.

Nice info Herbie. I feel the same way about facebook. It was great to get in touch with people but DAMN.. millions of users and they have a security hole like that...

Nice info Herbie. I feel the same way about facebook. It was great to get in touch with people but DAMN.. millions of users and they have a security hole like that...

It's been a week since I was hacked and have yet to hear from FB on this. I'm thinking they have a potential lawsuit on their hands and are trying to figure out how to limit their liability. If someone can show that FB had inadequate security measures in place, they will be in big trouble.

If you search their security FAQ's they have a section on this very issue, they have step by step directions on what to do if your account has been compromised, and even mention that your email account will also be affected, so it's clear they have been aware of the problem for some time now.

Let me know if you hear anything, and I'll do the same for you.

That suddenly clears things up for me. First, I got an E-Mail from, allegedly, the sister of a woman I used to date, but using the wrong first name for whom the E-Mail is in my records. The mailing said she was robbed at a conference in London, but made no reference to the grounding of most aircraft due to the Icelandic volcanic dust/ash cloud, then still in progress.

Then, this.

If anybody gets one of these letters, allegedly from me, just look to see if I made mention of the trip prior in the EMT City. Besides, I usually never leave NY State, except to cut across the New Jersey Palisades from the George Washington Bridge to the New York Thruway.