a little overstressed, I think

I need a bit of advice - came home from one of my many long shifts - and thought it was time to run away really far!

House was a wreck, kids were fussing, vehicles needed repairs, bills to be paid, laundry x 6 loads, one uncompleted project at work, no sleep, and a

telephone message with bad news.

I walked outdoors and sat on a chair. My heart was beating so fast, it felt like this is it - gonna be an ED patient (ultimate EMS nightmare), my eyes even twitched and my stomach turned.

I drank a lot of Pepto, took a really hot shower and it took over an hour to get straight.

I don't want whatever it was to come back and I am pretty sure stress was a big part of it. Any advice?

Methinks someone is in need of some time off, possibly on an emergency basis, before you "relax" by finding a tall building, leaning over the roof safety rail, with that sniper scope equipped hunting rifle...

Sorry, reading a bad adventure novel, again.

However, request the time off. Sounds kind of like you need it, and soon!

I agree. Once you get to the point of "stress induced tachycardia", you need a break. You'll always have bills, your house WILL get messy, and the kids WILL act up, but you don't HAVE to do a shift tommorrow. It's that easy.

I agree with everyone else...take a day off...and do NOTHING! Stay in your PJ's all day, play with the kids, don't answer the phone...and don't feel guilty for doing it.

I had this issue a few months ago...I was actually talking to the point of non-sense....just blabbing away about being stressed, not making a bit of sense, heart racing--stressed about going TO work, and more stressed about calling off--my finacee said "I'm calling you off sick" and he did. After I got over the shock I had the best day off ever! :D (we actually went away for three days....no minitor, no pager, no radio :)

Feel better soon!

Thanks for the thoughts. I spoke to a P.A. friend of mine about it and he said I should try a holter monitor to make sure it isn't anything else. I don't believe that is something I wish to try right now. I hope for some days off in about 2 months.

Until then I am going to manage and try some deep breathing.

Get some valium. I got some.. from Mexico via the internet.. after a church collapsed killing some guys I knew for a long time. I don't even have my own doctor, I haven't been to one in like 30 years, except the city doc. And going to him for something to calm me down would have been career suicide. Plus, it was cheaper to buy it online. Though, I'm not telling you to do the same, just suggesting Valium. :lol:

thanks bandaid patrol. Nice thought, but not quite reality. At least not in my world. Talk about career suicide - that would be it.

Like I said, in two months I get a break. I am also going to hire some help for my at home duties. Expensive yes, worth it, yes.

If I feel the racing heart thing again, to the Dr. I will go. I am not up to being a statistic.

Just thought I'd be the hall monitor and mention, importing benzodiazipines into America by the Internet is something the DEA loves to use as an excuse to raid your house and take your stuff. Just a warning.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.