Coincidence ?

Kaisu

It's not a coincidence it's a plan by some little crap weasel you work with to get rid of you. Someone who thinks you are a threat to their job security.

It's called backstabbing. In a big outfit like the empire , it's easier to just can and ask questions later, whether theres any truth to the accusations or not.

Theres a reason someone invented molotov cocktails.

I don't recall if we have ever exchanged posts before, but I just want to let you know that I think you have an excellent mindset about this whole thing (based on your reply to cbhare). While he makes a very good point, you are clearly a much bigger person than this type of madness can shake-up. Still, I can imagine you are upset (at least confused). This is probably just a routine thing that your supervisor has to go through because of the anonymous tip. And it will surely end with a lot of wasted time on their part. Good luck.

I have not seen anything from you that I would construe as a violation of patient privacy, HIPAA or otherwise. That said, you need to have Admin send you the deleted threads and I would also second the advice to lawyer up and shut up. A lawyer can use IP address information to show who was posting and inciting you, and if that can be connected to whoever is after you in real-space, it significantly improves your case.

Kaisu, you're a good lady, and I know you'll get through this... but now would definitely be the time to have head down, eyes and ears open.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Always remember... The US is littered with abandoned mine shafts. That's all I'll say.

LOL... especially in the the AZ...

The thing is, if you start killing idiots, when would you stop?

There's plenty here Kaisu - and there's been more than one person deposited in them by the "redneck mafia" lol. Take care, and keep your head up. Do not hang it - look 'em square in the eye and dare them to bring it on. You've done nothing wrong and a good lawyer will back you. It'll be aight - either way you are a good person and I'd be pleased to have someone dedicated to education and patient care working on a department with me. And I'm sure many others would as well.

CHBARE, JWade and Eydawn have offered the best advice so far. Stop talking for now (not permanently... just until this is settled). Get a lawyer who will work to protect you and your interests. Make sure Admin has preserved the information regarding the poster and the posts as they can be used in both your defense and any potential defamation legal action that you need to take against either the troll who's after you and/or your employer.

This isn't about holding your head high and being proud. This isn't about just not working for your employer if they don't want you there. This is about self preservation and ensuring that your well established and good name is not dragged through the mud affecting any future ability of you to work in EMS or any other industry. Whoever doing this to you has already taken public action against you in an attempt to discredit, defame and fire you.

Stop talking for now. Get a lawyer. In that order. Now!

Everybody makes jokes about lawyers until they need one. You need one and you need one now. This isn't an issue of not liking them or not getting involved in a legal fracas. You have been involved in legal action whether you like it or not. Someone else got you involved. Stop being proud and take the steps you need to defend yourself.

If you do not play this right this *will* blow up in your face and it will take a *long* time to recover. This isn't a time to be thick headed about things.

Do it right the first time. And do it now.

And you know you have the support of just about everyone here. (People who, coincidentally, aren't going to steer you wrong. So get a lawyer and defend yourself!)

-be safe

K-

I'd agree with the idea of lawyering up. As for not posting, as long as you don't violate company policy or PHI issues I see no reason to stop.

My only question- If you are posting while working, is it against company policy to do so?

K-

I'd agree with the idea of lawyering up. As for not posting, as long as you don't violate company policy or PHI issues I see no reason to stop.

My only question- If you are posting while working, is it against company policy to do so?

I do not post from work. I have no time.

Edit - and no.. it is not against company policy

Edited by Kaisu

Who was that young troublemaker from your service that you got to join here? Wonder if she is behind this?

I hope the best as you seem to be a very competent and caring Paramedic.

while some live by the saying of "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" i am not that person. To be labeled a "trouble maker" is ignorant when you don't know what really goes on. While my thoughts and ways of doing things definetly come out of left field sometimes, there is sanity to them and cause. Since meeting Kaisu, i've become a better person. She has taught me things and is what I consider to be my best friend. Management knows they couldn't get me to throw her under the bus. We would end up going down together. However, thank you for your concern and looking at another aspect. No hurt feelings.

• Like 3