Coincidence ?

Kaisu

This poster howzyourchi made a very brief appearance on the forums yesterday, making a total of three posts. 2 were directed at me personally.

This one : http://www.emtcity.com/index.php/topic/17328-my-path-has-been-decided-for-me/page__st__20__p__233126&#entry233126

and one that has been deleted (thank you Admin) essentially stating that I had too much time on my hands at work seeing as I would "bitch" about a canceled Christmas Dinner.

The 3rd post was a thread this user started (also deleted ) threatening posters on the city with HIPAA and lawsuits. All three entries displayed such inflammatory language, lack of critical thinking skills and immaturity that most on this site quickly discerned that the poster was in fact a troll.

Now the interesting part. I went in for my 48 hour shift this morning and was told that I was suspended pending the results of a compliance investigation by corporate attorneys to see whether I have violated company policy and/or HIPAA with my blogging and internet posting activities.

Holy cow! All of this I believe has been instigated by the Grinch that stole Christmas posting. No one will tell me what posting (I don't blog) is the offending one, how long I can expect to be suspended and whether or not my suspension is paid or not.

My supervisor and the shift supervisor had no information to give me, my supervisor having received a yellow post-it note this am with the bare minimum information (that which I had been given) and my shift supervisor having no knowledge of it at all.

So now I am paranoid. Was that troll attempting to incite me into statements that would be incriminating?

Gosh I would so love your comments. I am feeling pretty shaken.

Sounds like someone is trying to go after you from the sounds of it - lay low and just see where it goes. If you haven't done anything wrong, don't worry (I know easier said than done for sure !). Someone is trying to flame you over probably some minor incident at work - I did notice the postings but overlooked them as an immature idiot. Good luck to you and I hope everything works out okay for you !

This poster howzyourchi made a very brief appearance on the forums yesterday, making a total of three posts. 2 were directed at me personally.

This one : http://www.emtcity.c...26&#entry233126

and one that has been deleted (thank you Admin) essentially stating that I had too much time on my hands at work seeing as I would "bitch" about a canceled Christmas Dinner.

The 3rd post was a thread this user started (also deleted ) threatening posters on the city with HIPAA and lawsuits. All three entries displayed such inflammatory language, lack of critical thinking skills and immaturity that most on this site quickly discerned that the poster was in fact a troll.

Now the interesting part. I went in for my 48 hour shift this morning and was told that I was suspended pending the results of a compliance investigation by corporate attorneys to see whether I have violated company policy and/or HIPAA with my blogging and internet posting activities.

Holy cow! All of this I believe has been instigated by the Grinch that stole Christmas posting. No one will tell me what posting (I don't blog) is the offending one, how long I can expect to be suspended and whether or not my suspension is paid or not.

My supervisor and the shift supervisor had no information to give me, my supervisor having received a yellow post-it note this am with the bare minimum information (that which I had been given) and my shift supervisor having no knowledge of it at all.

So now I am paranoid. Was that troll attempting to incite me into statements that would be incriminating?

Gosh I would so love your comments. I am feeling pretty shaken.

Wow, just wow. I guess you cant do much but wait till more info is available to you about this. I would be crappin my pants in your position.

I know its hard to do, but relax, breathe, and see what happens, and go from there.

((hug))

• Like 1

Kind of sounds like someone you know did this. I would be looking at the name and see if there is anything that catches your eye. As for the suspention I guess you need to have all your ducks in a row and see if you can catch anything there. Maybe Admin can look at the ip address and try to track down were this person is from. Hope all the best to ya

Lawyer up and shut up. I would not post anything more or say anything else at this point. Good luck.

Take care,

chbare.

Prudent advice chbare - as usual, however, I have always had more guts than brains and I am not a stupid woman. I think my postings are a credit to my company because for all my faults, I have always been and will continue to be motivated by a search for insight, education and input all for the purpose of becoming a better provider.

I don't like lawyers and won't get involved in a legal fracas. If my company doesn't want me around, then I don't want to be there. I am certainly not in the business for the money.

I will not be intimidated to shut up. If I have broken company policy, I will take the correction. It certainly was not intentional. I am the one that has to look at myself in the mirror every morning (not a pretty sight now that I am in my 50s) and I can only do that if I stand up for what I think is right.

I appreciate the messages of support. Believe it or not, this is me shaken and upset. :turned:

• Like 2

Lawyer up and shut up. I would not post anything more or say anything else at this point. Good luck.

Take care,

chbare.

Kaisu,

Take the above advice quickly. One of my previous employers tried to do the same thing to me with some comments I posted on Flightweb. Unfortunately, Upper Management was completely inept and did not do their homework before opening their mouths to me. So, I called my lawyer, I had her print off the thread in question, and then proceed to call the Program Director and explain the finer points of our constitution to him and a few other business law statutes. Needless to say, My base supervisor called with an apology very quickly, and the Program Director refused to even make eye contact the next time I saw him. ( You really have to love the uneducated!)

Don't worry about HIPPA, 99% of the people who talk about HIPPA violations have not even read the entire document. Their opinions are almost always anecdotal...

JW

EDIT---( P.S.) I don't like lawyers either, but they are worth their weight in gold when you really need one, so, my advice would be to NOT shut that door automatically! Keep your options open.

Edited by Jwade

Who was that young troublemaker from your service that you got to join here? Wonder if she is behind this?

That "young troublemaker" turned out to be one of the best things about this job. She wouldn't dime me out even if she had cause. The person behind it is related to her and she is so angry with him that she can't see straight. I know she had a rocky start here on this site but she really is good people and my best friend here in AZ.

Thank you so much for your kind words about me. It means a lot.

That "young troublemaker" turned out to be one of the best things about this job. She wouldn't dime me out even if she had cause. The person behind it is related to her and she is so angry with him that she can't see straight. I know she had a rocky start here on this site but she really is good people and my best friend here in AZ.

Thank you so much for your kind words about me. It means a lot.

Good deal. Glad you have a good friend and I'm sure like myself is much nicer in person than the way we come across on the web. Sounds like you know who now might be easier to find out what you are really being accused of.