Do NOT go to FMTI

ladder69

Well, I gotta give our new friend credit for attempting to give people a heads-up, regardless of his dubious motivations. His concerns, as VentMedic confirms, are well founded. This is pandemic in Floridia.

Unfortunately, nobody who passes complains. And those who fail out are just seen as bitter, and not taken seriously.

Don't get discouraged, Man. Stick around here and do a little reading. You'll see that we very serious about educational quality. We'd love to see you find a professional alternative to fulfill your goals. Good luck.

• Like 1

WOW! Did I really just see DD give positive encouragement to a whiner? Glad to see this! As often as we butt heads, I respect his opinion and expertise.

That being sad, I have also heard lots of bad about this school. It is no secret. In my opinion, the school is there to cater to the firefighters that have to obtain and hold a paramedic cert. Typical assembly line education. Minimal, bare requirements, bare education. Get in, get out, go play with hoses, go lose your cert because you are a moron. Keep your mouth shut, get your pass squeezed through by shady paperwork.

Open your mouth, complain, be a really huge idiot and some how manage to fail out.. go whine about it to professionals who put the real time and effort into their educations and training. Insult some of the most intelligent quality posters and providers out there when they speak their wisdom....

Am I on the right track?

Nice to see you are warning others about a potentially concerning school, however as many others have noted - it's rarely the ones that pass that have the issue. It's the ones that fail and then the people in charge view you as a disgruntled student and don't give your statement much warrant. If you are going to complain about a program, do so early in the program, so it can be properly investigated before you get too far into class. All that being said, it is still possible to learn despite bad instructors, it's just going to cost a bit more and you'll have to put forth more effort. Unfortunately, so many medics are desiring to be spoon fed, and not willing to put out the effort. They want to know only what it takes to pass the class.

However, I hardly think that a warning is a reason to join the board, nor would I have it be my first post. That ventures on the edge of being unprofessional. As others commented, multiple threads and discussions address this program.

But since you're here, welcome !

Also, with this program and almost any other medic mill, you have to sign a loan for the full amount and it is often well over $10K for about 6 months of training. A community college is cheap and if you find out your teachers are horrible or that you do not want to be a Paramedic afterall, you are only out of the cost of that semester. If you drop during the first week, you can get a full refund. If you drop at midterm after you find out you are failing, it will not affect your overall GPA.

Edited by VentMedic

Also, with this program and almost any other medic mill, you have to sign a loan for the full amount and it is often well over $10K for about 6 months of training. A community college is cheap and if you find out your teachers are horrible or that you do not want to be a Paramedic afterall, you are only out of the cost of that semester. If you drop during the first week, you can get a full refund. If you drop at midterm after you find out you are failing, it will not affect your overall GPA.

Community Colleges FTW!! Many of them offer quite a bit of continuing education as well, usually at no cost, or very cheap.

Ladder69, I do hope that your warning against this school is not going to be your one and only item here in EMT City. Look around the topics, and where you think you might help someone with a comment, add it to the string.

I'm not a monitor, others do that. However, I always encourage a degree of accuracy, so if you tell someone they're incorrect, please mention it as a legitimate reason, not something along the lines of "You're wrong, because you're full of male bovine excrement". (Not sayin' ya did, just askin' not to do it later on.)

Here, I'll rant a bit: Some sets of initials might be "universal" in one area, but not understood in another. Please translate any sets of initials you might use. Rant over.

Welcome aboard.

Ladder69, I do hope that your warning against this school is not going to be your one and only item here in EMT City. Look around the topics, and where you think you might help someone with a comment, add it to the string.

I'm not a monitor, others do that. However, I always encourage a degree of accuracy, so if you tell someone they're incorrect, please mention it as a legitimate reason, not something along the lines of "You're wrong, because you're full of male bovine excrement". (Not sayin' ya did, just askin' not to do it later on.)

Here, I'll rant a bit: Some sets of initials might be "universal" in one area, but not understood in another. Please translate any sets of initials you might use. Rant over.

Welcome aboard.

Well at least we've progressed from equine excrement...was starting to worry there for a bit. Now we just gotta watch for kiwi and his elephant friend ! :P

Now we just gotta watch for kiwi and his elephant friend ! :P

Little birdie in the tree, why did you do that to me?

Little birdie in the sky, why'd you drop that in my eye?

I'm no baby, I won't cry, I'm just glad that Elephants don't fly!

(Anonymous)

(Sorry, fireflymedic, I felt challenged by your comment.)

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

FYI - The school has been sold to Lincoln College of New England. I am an instructor there, and we actually have accreditation and are seeking another one. We are no longer the school presented in the first post from 2009. We are producing quality paramedics and EMTs. Please contact me for more information.

Edit: The sale happened around May of 2012 so we have had time to work out the new-owner kinks

Edited by Addb