NBC Cancels "TRAUMA"

Dustdevil

http://insidetv.aol.com/2009/10/29/nbc-cancels-medical-drama-trauma/

NBC Cancels 'Trauma' - Sends Medical Drama to the Morgue

October 29, 2009
| By:
Michael D. Ayers

traumacanceled.jpg

Just a month after the show's premiere, NBC is pulling the plug on its new medical series 'Trauma,' according to the The Hollywood Reporter. The network will still air all 13 episodes of the drama, which featured a team of paramedics working in San Francisco. 'Trauma' has been following NBC's once-promising 'Heroes,' averaging around 5.5 million viewers per week.

After the series runs its course, the slightly more popular 'Chuck' will fill the Monday at 9PM time slot. In the wake of 'Trauma''s cancellation, it was also announced that 'Chuck' has been granted 19 episodes for its forthcoming season.

Owing to the nightly 10PM time slot occupied by 'The Jay Leno Show,' 'Trauma' was one of the few new hourlong shows introduced by NBC this fall TV season -- and, according to the Los Angeles Times, it was also one of the most expensive to produce. A casual viewer could be forgiven for wondering if NBC's glory days are truly over.

With this latest cancellation, the amount of original, scripted content that the network is producing is dwindling fast. Even 'Friday Night Lights,' the one NBC drama that is still receiving constant critical acclaim, won't air new episodes until next summer.

Winter is looking to be long and cold for the peacock ... maybe even a bit traumatic.

• Like 1

Oh I am heart broken .... tell me did Da Wabbit die from H1N1 ? :whistle:

In the final episode, it is discovered that he's an illegal alien and is deported back to Africa.

Well, all I have to say is good riddance. Sorry NBC you had your chance, and could have really blown people away with it instead you chose to present it this way. Guess you blew that chance huh? :withstupid: At least NBC was kind and didn't prolong it's misery and quick put it down. Nice - intro the characters one week, kill 'em off the next lol. I like it, I like it ! hehe

I sure as hell hope they have Rabbit sleep with someone on the last show cause I want to win my bet!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:

In the final episode, it is discovered that he's an illegal alien and is deported back to Africa.

OH crap ... he will be applying for asylum here in Kanukistan now ... gee thanks a lot.

I sure as hell hope they have Rabbit sleep with someone on the last show cause I want to win my bet!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:

With Michael D. Ayers .... umm thats not an episode I want to watch .... they filmed broke back mountain here oh the shame of it all. :blush:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.