NBC Cancels "TRAUMA"

Dustdevil

So what is "Chuck"? Sounds interesting.

The character "Chuck" is a nerd who inadvertently ended up with a host of government secrets trapped in his brain. The show is about Chuck and the adventures he (and his government handlers) end up in as a result of the secrets trapped in his brain. That's the quickest "Coles Notes" version I can come up with at 0100 hours anyway.

• Like 1

On the bright side, this show did give me a great idea for a costume for the Halloween party at medic school... I'm going to wear a jumpsuit with the sleeves rolled up to my elbows and a pair of aviators and walk around arbitrarily injecting people with versed!

• Like 3

On the bright side, this show did give me a great idea for a costume for the Halloween party at medic school... I'm going to wear a jumpsuit with the sleeves rolled up to my elbows and a pair of aviators and walk around arbitrarily injecting people with versed!

I have spoken with a couple of flight team members from REACH and they have not been amused by this show at all. They do bring patients to SF from outlying areas by landing outside the city. Unfortunately for them their jumpsuits are very similar to the one on the show. But then, they also stated not many health care professionals in the hospitals have watched the show and most of the ignorant comments come from the EMT(P)s in the amubulances that transport them to and from where they must land.

This show should have been promoted as a comedy or spoof of EMS rather than a drama of the producers' version of reality.

Edited by VentMedic
  • Like 1

"Emergency!" was around 1972. "Trauma Center" and "Rescue 77" came in much later, as did the internet, and boards like EMT City. Any letters to the networks "back in the day" were what nowadays we'd call "snail mail", unlike today, when a discussion on a TV show will start even as the show is still being broadcast to the TV set.

Case in point, about a year ago, there was a show, where actors would attempt to do things they were not known for. It was canceled after one episode. IMHO, that was because "Classic" "Star Trek's" George (Sulu) Takei attempted to sing "Country/Western". While I like him as both serious and comedic actor, my ears bled for several hours after he sang! (Momma B was looking over my shoulder, and remembers that show. Her hearing aid blew up from that alleged singing.)

Too bad they probably won't drop another $3 million to make a proper finale. My number one choice for a finale would be to watch them all hit the unemployment line at midnight when AMR takes over. :thumbsup:

Now that sir... is funny. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

"Trauma" has now invaded my home away from home and just finished filming an upcoming episode on the little island city of Alameda.

They also sent out invitations to the local FDs and ambulance services to star as extras in their own costume.

The episode will air Nov. 23 and is titled "Thank You" for those of you who are keeping track.

The filming was done at the closed Alameda Point Navy Base and will be the scene of a huge plane crash with hundreds of victims. Lots of fire, smoke, screaming and the actors running through the fire and jet fuel with no protection what so ever.

Edited by VentMedic

"Trauma" has now invaded my home away from home and just finished filming an upcoming episode on the little island city of Alameda.They also sent out invitations to the local FDs and ambulance services to star as extras in their own costume.

The episode will air Nov. 23 and is titled "Thank You" for those of you who are keeping track.

The filming was done at the closed Alameda Point Navy Base and will be the scene of a huge plane crash with hundreds of victims. Lots of fire, smoke, screaming and the actors running through the fire and jet fuel with no protection what so ever.

Can a class action law suit be started because of referred PTSD ?

Can a class action law suit be started because of referred PTSD ?

Ooooh! I like that idea! That would be funny as Hell to see the producers paying out millions in settlements for the next thirty years over the stupidity of 13 episodes. :lol:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.