Education Survey

RavEMTGun

What is your highest level of educaiton?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. ALS

• Doctoral/Masters Degree
    • Bacheloreate Degree
    • Associate Degree
    • More than 1yr of University (not vocational collegel)
    • High School
    • Im not ALS - SHOW RESULTS
  2. 2. ILS

• Bacheloreate Degree
    • Associate Degree
    • High School
    • Im not ILS - SHOW RESULTS
  3. 3. BLS

• Bacheloreate Degree
    • Associate Degree
    • High School
    • Im not BLS - SHOW RESULTS

My first EMT-B course was offered through the local hospital. I held this license for 12 uears (obtaining both the required and relevant 'optional' CEU credits each time.

After my license expired (caught out of my 'home state'), I had to 'start over' and am currently attending a Technical College (Allied Health Program) for my EMT-B/EMT-I.

Once I finish that, I'll be starting on the core classes and working toward an Associates Degree in Paramedicine.

I'm a paramedic student pursuing an AAS in Paramedicine, but I put down that I am BLS with a Bachelor's. My degree is in Art, from a liberal arts college, so lots of science, philosophy, history, and literature.

I am not in EMS anymore but I attended the county fire rescue training academy for EMT-B, and Washington Hospital Center's EMT-IP program for EMT-I.

I am currently in a 4-year nursing program and plan to get my masters and become a neonatal nurse practitioner.

• Like 1

I got my first EMT-B thru the Army, but didn't keep up CEUs in prepping for and then deploying. Second time around was thru the local EMS, but I also have a B.S. in Biomechanics & Engineering Design. Just decided I didn't actually like the orthotics & prosthetics field as much as I thought I would - I love EMS.

...I also have a B.S. in Biomechanics & Engineering Design. Just decided I didn't actually like the orthotics & prosthetics field as much as I thought I would - I love EMS.

Wow! My mobility is at the mercy of the O&P guys, and I have the greatest respect for them. Their knowledge base is just amazing, often every bit as impressive as my Physical Therapists. There's just not that many O&P guys out there either, so it seems the job market is expansive and lucrative. I definitely would not pull out of that altogether if I were you. The fun wears off of EMS pretty quickly, especially when mortgages and high-maintenance wives enter the picture. That background will make you an awesome medic though!

I have a BA in Philosophy with an Emphasis in Ethics. Due to a lack of jobs in the philosophy factory I attended College for a two year diploma in Paramedicine. (We don't have associates degrees in Ontario and colleges provide all technical education. RRT's attended college for three years here rather then a University program though I'd love to see to Paramedic become a 4yr degree and end this BLS/ALS stuff.)

The fun wears off of EMS pretty quickly, especially when mortgages and high-maintenance wives enter the picture.

LMAO... why do you think I want to own a restaurant....

I have a BA in Philosophy with an Emphasis in Ethics. Due to a lack of jobs in the philosophy factory I attended College for a two year diploma in Paramedicine.

That's why I just have a minor in philosophy and health care ethics! I figure it can't hurt to have that little extra knowledge! Glad to know I'm not the only one though...everyone looks at me crazy when they find out I'm nursing and philosophy!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.