Oklahoma Highway Patrol and Paramedic Confrontation

okmedic

Can't help and wonder that if they wern't a private ems unit that this would have happened in the first place, I mean LAPD wouldn't pull over any of our medic units.

1. Creek Nation isn't a private entity. It's technically a third service.

2. Traffic enforcement in So Cal is just different.

Creek Nation is unique. It is a service provided by Creek Nation Tribe. Unalike, some other tribal IHS that have EMS this tribe has an agreement to care for non-Native American Indians. They provide Paramedic level care & have a few CCP's.

The Troopers are all quite aware of who, what, etc in EMS in these areas. The area is very rural and yes, is unusua for LEO to act upon EMS, and if they do they do it prperly.

R/r 911

Can't help and wonder that if they wern't a private ems unit that this would have happened in the first place, I mean LAPD wouldn't pull over any of our medic units.

Atropine they should pull over any unit including fellow officers that are driving unsafe. Of course if it was like this case there was no justification to pull them over, so they shouldn't.

All comments are made with just the information provided.

To sue you would have to prove that the delay caused the patient harm. Did it? I didnt see anything about their condition, or outcome.

Im assuming the reservation is not going to want to get into a legal battle with the state troopers so they will probably SUGGEST that this paramedic not take any action.

When we have issues with the police or fire department (nothing to this extent) we all have to meet and promise to play nice in the sandbox.

As far as the trooper goes, we dont know if the driver flipped him off, does it matter his behavior was unacceptable. He needs a timeout. Will he get it? Doubt it.

The only one I see here breaking any law is the trooper. Assault and battery of an EMS provider is a criminal act, at least in my area and is taken very seriously.

I applaud the paramedic for upholding his professional behavior. From what I can tell from the video he never was violent, he stated to allow him to finish his duties and he would turn himself in, what more can you ask for?

This could have been a lot worse for everyone involved if this medic didnt maintain the professional behavior he did even in the presence of such immature action on the part of the police department. My guess, he never hears a thing from any DA.

The Paramedic should have never left his patient he could not see or hear his patient with the doors closed that is abandonment.... I have been on both sides as a cop for 2 years and now as a Paramedic for 23 years. He should have stayed with his patient let the person driving deal with the trooper but no he had to get out and run his mouth. I do think the trooper should have followed them to the hospital and then delt with it but he didn't thats where he is wrong. The medic was wrong for a couple of things 1. Never leave your patient 2. Don't get out running your mouth like he was. (I watched the video)... To be honest I would have arrested him also but at the hospital and yes he did resist arrest by pushing the trooper away when he was told that he was under arrest. Both parties were in the wrong and like I sad in my response to the whole situation it's time for both of them to put their egos down put their big girl panties on and grow the hell up. :angry:

I dont see this as a hate crime, although it very well could be. I see it a power starved cop trying to prove his authority not only to the medic, but to his wife who was watching. everyone has the cops side, His high priced union appointed lawyers definitely got his back

Hate crime my ass cut the race crap out and stop screamming RODNEY KING every time a black person and a white person have a confrontation. God it's getting so sickning hearing that crap. It's people like you that keep fueling the fire on racial issues I didn't hear any racial slurs or anything what I saw was two men in different uniforms both with over inflated egos. I unlike you didn't see a white man and a black man I saw two men... But people like you keep bringing the racial crap up and it just throws fuel on the fire... Didn't you hear slavery is over and has been for a long time. People have to stop looking at the color of a mans skin and look at the man... I am not a racist most of my friends are black and I love them like my brothers because I don't care about color, again it's the person. I am sorry but it just pisses me off when people use the race card I wasn't around durring the slave owning peroid and I can say neither were you or anyone else reading this. YES it was wrong but it's been over for along time enough is enough with the racial bull. Believe it or not most (not all) but most people believe in equality and I am one of them. Forgive me for running on but like I said in this day and age race should not and most of the time is not the issue the issue is people keep fueling the race card and that needs to stop.

First, it is not abandonment.

Second, the quote you used to rant on do not match. The guy said he doesn't see it as a hate crime, he then explained it was a power trip, machismo thing. Did I miss something or did you snip the wrong section to rant about?

I still think that if these medic had the same wages/union/ and or some public saftey type of authority, this thing would have played out very differntly. Just some pig trying to be tough.

Wow Atropine another high quality insightful post. :shutup:

1. Creek Nation isn't a private entity. It's technically a third service.

2. Traffic enforcement in So Cal is just different.

I guess your right about traffic enforcement, but I should change my post I mean CHP, would never pull over any of our medic units, but why is traffice enforcement so different.

The Paramedic should have never left his patient he could not see or hear his patient with the doors closed that is abandonment....

Wrong ... the Trooper made the first red neck dumb ass move his panties need changing because they have a brown stain in the back .... look to prime cause before accusing the Medic of abandonment as this is not the issue at hand.

Is "run off his mouth off" a felony or a misdemeanor in Oklahoma ?

jmc149 ... this is the internet and I have great deal of difficulty accepting your 23 years as a Paramedic or as a LEO, just saying ------ your barking up the wrong tree.

cheers

AND I Play a Doctor (on TV) B)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.