24 hour schedules

Does anyone have a good scheduling program or way they schedule 2 crews for 24 hours.

Possible model for us will be 1 day on 72 hours off.

1 Crew as primary amb crew and 2nd as secondary

There will be 1 crew awake from 7a-7p and one crew asleep for those hours and then one crew awake from 7p to 7a and the other crew asleep those same hours.

This will ensure 24 hour coverage.

Anyone have a existing schedule like this.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want 2 crews on duty but one crew is supposed to be asleep????

If second call comes in then they have to wake up & respond??

Are you paid for the entire 24? or just when on a call on your "off " 12 hrs.?

Does the call volume require 2 crews in house or could you have the second on a 10 minute page?

Need a little more info to give a response.

I've worked many a 24 hour shift in rural alberta.

The two types i've worked are 1st up 2nd up 24 hours on. (if the call volume jusify's it) I've worked 10 hours paid and 12 hours paid, later better regaurdless of hours worked.

Best i like is the crew house thats a block from the hospital and 5 min response time for all calls.

The other was in hourse 10's and 14's and then STILL on call after that in house time.... (didnt really like but did a lot of sleeping and had ample time off.) that was for a 1300calls/ year service and 6 days on 6 days off.

best shift i've like is curently. 3 shifts, days 12 hours nights 12 hours and one backup crew 24 hours on call from home, if called they do ground transfer first or come and sit in office if out of town call takes first or 2nd crew out. this is for again about 1300 calls a year. (we also have another 24 hour crew- medivac crew) but this wont apply to your model.

You want 2 crews on duty but one crew is supposed to be asleep????

If second call comes in then they have to wake up & respond??

Are you paid for the entire 24? or just when on a call on your "off " 12 hrs.?

Does the call volume require 2 crews in house or could you have the second on a 10 minute page?

Need a little more info to give a response.

2 crews on duty - one awake for entire 12 hour 7a-7p and the other crew is either asleep or 2nd out. They are going to either have to wake up or respond if a 2nd call comes in.

Paid the entire 24

call volume requires 2 crews inhouse but that is just because that is what they want.

our staff numbers include

7a-7p crews would be 6 medics and 4 emts (2 of those medics are probably not gonna do much 24's) so consider 4 24 hour medics

7p-7a crew right now consists of 3 medics and 2 emts (definately short on 7p-7a)

The 7a - 7p crews would be awake for their shifts and the 7p-7a would need to be awake for their shift. Minimal sleeping of on-duty crews would be allowed.

I'm trying to get this set up to demonstrate a schedule for a meeting on thursday.

2 crews on duty - one awake for entire 12 hour 7a-7p and the other crew is either asleep or 2nd out. They are going to either have to wake up or respond if a 2nd call comes in.

Paid the entire 24

call volume requires 2 crews inhouse but that is just because that is what they want.

our staff numbers include

7a-7p crews would be 6 medics and 4 emts (2 of those medics are probably not gonna do much 24's) so consider 4 24 hour medics

7p-7a crew right now consists of 3 medics and 2 emts (definately short on 7p-7a)

The 7a - 7p crews would be awake for their shifts and the 7p-7a would need to be awake for their shift. Minimal sleeping of on-duty crews would be allowed.

I'm trying to get this set up to demonstrate a schedule for a meeting on thursday.

wow i would love to work for a company that has a scheduling system just like that, which company do you work for and which state.

;) Wow I wouldn't mind that schedule.

Sounds like a great schedule and I think you're a good one to present it, as it may confuse some.

Where do I sign up. LOL Hint Hint! I am patiently waiting for that call.

Good to see you back Ruff..

Take care,

Phil

I have worked 24hr shifts many times before, but not set up like that. It was just me and my partner. It was hit or miss on how busy it was as you all know how it can be. It would have been great to have another crew there to share the call volume with. Would have made it a lot easier on us.

All I have to add is that it is absolutely ridiculous to consider not paying people just because they aren't on calls. If you expect one to be ready to respond, in a uniform, and prepared to do the job, they get paid. My other feeling is that if I can't drink alcohol, then I am at work-hence pay me. When you dictate where and when, and how somebody should act, you are employing them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.