The Ultimate Wacker Kit (no Joke) 5k Spent On It

mmeronk

Well Sir I beg to Differ on your "Cookbook Medicine" analogy. Cookbook medicine is where you simply do something because your "cookbook" says to do it that way. While people who do have chronic pain might require more than your stated 5mg, in the 21st century we have these really cool things call radio's which we can contact an actual physician and see if a higher dose would be prudent.

Thats worse than cookbook medicine being in a mother may I system. Glad I am in neither. I have guidelines and can do what needs done.

Radios and cells don't work in the wild frontier where only real medical professionals can survive.

Thats worse than cookbook medicine being in a mother may I system. Glad I am in neither. I have guidelines and can do what needs done.

Radios and cells don't work in the wild frontier where only real medical professionals can survive.

Well tell us slick......where is the "Wild Frontier" and a consult is not a mother may I system,it might actually save a "Wild Cowboy" on the "Wild frontier" like you from a date with a judge someday, I have experienced guys like you before. I am sure you have a S.T.O.M.P 2 in the back of your suburban with and old defibrillator you got from craigslist. Enlighten us and tell us your service name if you are not too afraid. or are there things a guy like you might have to hide in the "Wild frontier", I have no problems sharing my info.

I have to agree that, if you have to get on the phone to do something that is not spelled out in the protocol flow chart recipe, that's pretty cookbook. To be anything other than cookbook requires therapeutic discretion based upon critical thinking. Although, that's the norm in urban systems, and I rarely find an urban medic who can even conceive of anything different.

Well tell us slick......where is the "Wild Frontier" and a consult is not a mother may I system,it might actually save a "Wild Cowboy" on the "Wild frontier" like you from a date with a judge someday, I have experienced guys like you before. I am sure you have a S.T.O.M.P 2 in the back of your suburban with and old defibrillator you got from craigslist. Enlighten us and tell us your service name if you are not too afraid. or are there things a guy like you might have to hide in the "Wild frontier", I have no problems sharing my info.

The great country of Texas. I do not respond in any thing other than an ambulance. If we get to places which an ambulance can not go then we load key eqipment into the ranchers pickup and continue. Our ambulance is a little out dated we only have LifePak 12 12 lead with capno, NIBP, etc. One day maybe we can get a fancy big city new bell and whistle LifePak 15, or a phillips or zoll.

I diagnos and I treat with one of my more than 50 drugs. Sometimes I treat then tell my patient to follow up with their local doctor in the morning. Sometimes I do an exam and then tell them they do not require my treatment or an ambulance. Thats right I practice medicine. Yes my medical director trusts me and allows me after educating me many things you will never dream of doing. My protocols are more like guidelines and I can treat according to patient needs, not some exact step 1. step 2. algorythym. Based on your posts you are scared to practice medicine and support the typical horizontal taxi clan. It really dissapoints me to see your last several posts because based on your discription of work area you guys should be doing more than driving. If I have misundrstood your statements I am sorry.

What the hell is a stomp2?

It doesn't make a tinkers f**k where any of us have ever worked, you're system will always be better. Congrats on that oh God of the paramedics. I'm glad you have 50 drugs and several hours between you and a doctor that had just a little more schooling than you obviously had. This type of juvenile "my toy is better than your toy" crap is one of the main reasons I'm spending even more money and pursing another degree. Boys will always be boys.

I'm proud of where I came from (a steel mill in Baltimore), proud of where I've been (the middle of BFE Missouri with St. Johns), and where I am now (The Rock with MEMS). I went from 60 drugs to hardly any drugs. It's not my fault, and I do the absolute best I can with what I have available. I'm not fast. I don't throw patients in my truck and drive like hell because I'm scared, and I have NEVER asked for anything over the radio. I'm required to do a lot more calling with MEMS than I was with St. Johns, but I have never asked a doctor for an order. I've told them what I have and what I want. I have never been told no, and I'm quite friendly with a lot of the doctors in my system. I respect my medical director because he knows that he can't control a fleet of 200 paramedics from various backgrounds and in knowing that, he has pulled back the reigns on the service. So I have to call, big damn deal. The doctors know me well enough to listen and say yes. It doesn't make me stupid or cookbook. It makes me a person that respects and follows the rules that govern my service and ultimately, my paycheck.

The whole reason behind my post was to point out that the vial of morphine this person is carrying around is a large amount. I've already had one of our esteemed doctors agree with me and add that it also can lead to medication errors. As in life, also on the boards. There are very few paramedics that I will talk to about patient care, and there are several dozen (nearly all of them) ER physicians that I will discuss medicine with. Thanks for reinforcing that for me.

It doesn't make a tinkers f**k where any of us have ever worked, you're system will always be better. Congrats on that oh God of the paramedics. I'm glad you have 50 drugs and several hours between you and a doctor that had just a little more schooling than you obviously had. This type of juvenile "my toy is better than your toy" crap is one of the main reasons I'm spending even more money and pursing another degree. Boys will always be boys.

I was not responding to your post. I was responding to another attack. I answered what was asked. Now if answering a question makes me the best Paramedic ever thanks. Guess what I'm not even a Paramedic yet. Wait till I get that to bestow the title. Have a great day and get your pantys out of the wad they're in before you post again.

Okay, I'm seriously starting to think this thread needs to die. It's going from a funny discussion, to some education, to now a peeing match. Gentleman, zip your pants !

I have to agree Zip up the pee pee. Now to the ones who have decided to be the pricks. Maybe you should go back to school and learn how to play nice in the school yard. We here dont mind a bit of pushing and shoving but you guys need a dam good slap. As someone from the most western wild west we learn how to think outside of the box and be prepared. When I go to the beach in the Big Truck with Big Tires yes i do have extra things in it because you city folk come to the country and do the stupidest things like go on the beach with your quads and hit the Big logs and die. So before you mouth off because someone is able to exam, treat, and be prepared, you should think outside of your little box. Well anyways you get the point im sure. Traitor you just keep doing what you do best. B)

I was not responding to your post. I was responding to another attack. I answered what was asked. Now if answering a question makes me the best Paramedic ever thanks. Guess what I'm not even a Paramedic yet. Wait till I get that to bestow the title. Have a great day and get your pantys out of the wad they're in before you post again.

I think if anyone is attacking it is you sir. As I recall you attacked saying that I work in a mother may I system.I agree this post has gotten way off base,I think one of the original sticking points was the "STOMP 2" pack that started this post and obviously our "Non paramedic" friend has gotten off on a tangent and I was lured in by his attitude. My apologies to all,I am finished.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.