Mandatory Paramedic retirement

Paramedics should be forced to retire by age 45.  

12 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No, but I am too chicken to say yes
    • I dont care cause the OP is right as usual

Hey, if anybody's gonna hijack this thing and abduct AK it's gonna be ME !

As for the lack of sarcasm and humor - I have plenty thank you very much - in fact I bet a 50 I work circles around your dinasour tail AK !

For the rest of ya - bring it on old timers - let's have it out old un's vs young uns !

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The average age of Registered Nurses in Australia is around the 45/50 mark. I’m the youngest clinical staff member at my hospital and already looking forward to retiring! If you take into account my current wage and superannuation I’ve still got a while to go yet! :D

Sure...forced retirement might be a good thing. Just like there should be a law that when you reach 70...you should be killed (humanely). Really, do you know anyone who is 70 or older and USEFUL? :twisted:

yes they have all become walmart greeters. The new Walmart greeting is "Welcome to Walmart, get your shit and get out"

OK so I am going to spoil all the fun, jokes and games.

Ever see the Movie called "The Worlds Fastest Indian" btw nothing to do with aboriginal cultures, unless your from Springfield.

If you have not seen it I recomend it highly, I will leave it at that.

cheers

ps I always win :twisted:

This thread obviously illuminates the need for further education in EMS as it makes it clear that none of you has stayed current with the latest literature on the subject. See below.

Age Versus Anatomical Markers for Competence, Longevity Predictions

It has long ago been proved beyond a doubt that it is not age that determines longevity and competence but the size of one’s testicles and scrotum.

Case in point. How many times have you heard something to the effect, “Holy crap! Did you hear about Bob? He put a crich is that baby in the middle of the highway when no one could get at tube!” Second speaker, “Yeah, that Bob has got some giant balls, that’s for sure!”

You’ll notice that at no time was his age, weight, years of experience or level of certification mentioned. Why? Because they are irrelevant when compared with testicular/scrotal variables.

Several things are unclear at this time, such as whether total volume, total mass, or a combination of the two can be pointed to as the source of manly competence, though studies are underway to isolate and identify possible variables for future studies allowing past studies more relevance for the combining of multidiscipline irrelevant statistical research studies. Etc. (1)

Scrotal size of course plays an important role as well, but how this combines with testicular size/shape remains unclear as well. “Wow, that Bob sure has some sack on him!”, another commonly over heard comment makes it clear that there is reason to accept that scrotal size is an important benchmark when choosing employees for competence, though adjustments must be made for middle age sag, which can give misleading results when ignored. (2)

When employees competing for like positions are found to have equal volume/mass/like shape testicles with equal scrotal drop and sway then ejaculation volume and distance will sometimes be used to illuminate the superior employee. Data on this is scarce and unreliable and as such can only be condoned if the employer will be forced instead to rely on inferior devices such as education and employment history.

As presented, age is obviously an easily fallible, often subjective criteria that may be based on skin tone/turgor, hair color etc instead of actual time lived, which makes it’s use in the presence of verifiable objective testicle/scrotal data irresponsible at best, and criminal at worst.

Note- Though there is evidence of females exhibiting like testicular/scrotal behaviors, the exact mechanism for this behavior remains a mystery as there has not, as yet, been a researcher with sufficient volume/mass/sway/sag to attempt to gather the necessary data for comparison studies.

1.Luvin, Spoonful., "Science of the Gnads" Science Time, New York: Sterling Pub. Co., May 2004, Vol. 3:12-15.

2. Onehung, Low., "Sag and Sway Variables in the Human Paramedic" New England Journal Of Medicine, Britain: Sterling Pub. Co., July 2008, Vol. 1:16-15.

Since this was aimed at me:

1. First if you can read, you will note that I am already retired from EMS.

2. My testicles are real, humongous, and spectacular -- http://technorati.com/videos/youtube.com%2...v%3DbjEUleEqUvI

:lol:

I ALWAYS read, and yes, I commented on your "former" paramedic status in another thread you neglected to respond to. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.