Ban Personal Cell Phones From Ambulance

If that is geared my way, I may be a weirdo but when I was on shift we had plenty to do in between calls.

TV only came on around 8pm or so and that was for a movie everyone could watch. During the day, we read newspapers in the morning, trained, scenarios during the day, played cards, played board games and competed with the daily crossword puzzle.

Whoever got the paper in the morning made 5 copies, one for each of us and we did that.

We broke up into groups, we had discussions. We worked out for an hour or two every shift.

I dunno, but in general, the cell phones are a pain in the ass and are contributory to extremely rude behavior and a decline in social skills and communication. The sad thing is, none of the younger generation realize how pathetic it all is because it is all they have ever known.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again this is a stupid idea. Restrict use when with patients and when driving. Other than that it is no ones business. Now I do think if talking you should be mindful not to disturb those around you. I do agree with crotch that I do not want to talk to your girlfriend so keep it down. Step outside away from me.

I would like cellphones banned from the ambulance, I can live with them still being used at the station, once all duties are performed, similar to TV time, or sleep time.

Nope sorry. Even though I do not own or carry one and I have great disdain for them, they have come in handy on a truck many times. Restricting use yes, ban them outright, no.

If that is geared my way, I may be a weirdo but when I was on shift we had plenty to do in between calls.

Nah.

I am just trying to show the absuridty of a blanket statement. Even more so in an unpredictable work place. If you worked at Initech filling out TPS reports all day long, then thats a diffrent story. But...

I am just trying to show the absuridty of a blanket statement. Even more so in an unpredictable work place. If you worked at Initech filling out TPS reports all day long, then thats a diffrent story. But...

I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven, I told Bill that if Sandra is going to listen to her headphones while she's filing then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating so I don't see why I should have to turn down the radio because I enjoy listening at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

I would like cellphones banned from the ambulance, I can live with them still being used at the station, once all duties are performed, similar to TV time, or sleep time.

So never got caught on standby for awhile? Crotch, why not just leave it at there's a time and a place for the phone and driving or with a patient is not one of them. I'm sure you'll get agreement on this one.

So never got caught on standby for awhile? Crotch, why not just leave it at there's a time and a place for the phone and driving or with a patient is not one of them. I'm sure you'll get agreement on this one.

...because there's no place for shades of gray in EMS.

/sarcasm

Not fer nuttin', but at a protest meeting against a local house of worship, that was going to get paid needed fundings by allowing a cell tower to be placed on their roof, my mom, who was in attendance from the house of worship, noted that many of the protesters were making and receiving calls on their cell phones.

Her take on the issue was, these protesters didn't want the danger of the tower's radiation, but wanted to make use of the benefits of a cell tower for their phone's usage. Strange "NIMBY", in her opinion.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.