Walmart guy "resusitation"? (Vid inside!!!)

vs-eh?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f55_1227894806

Ummm....

Ya...

Now, I wouldn't have an issue if these were simply bystandards or security-guard-who-got-his-CPR-cert-15-years-ago-and-has-never-used-it guy. However it appears that these are not the aforementioned people...

1) There appears to be 6-7 people who are "involved" in this resuscitation attempt (i.e. don't appear to be bystandards, have uniforms/gloves on, or are digging through bags).

2) They appear to have at least 2 "first responder" type bags. Who knows what is in them, because they don't appear to be using any equipment.

3) There is no airway/ventilation management. Now fair enough, proper chest compressions I consider paramount in a situation like this prior to professional EMS arriving/PAD. There MIGHT BE an OPA in, but given this scene, I doubt it.

4) There is obviously NO ONE in charge of this scene. One guy doing piss poor CPR, nobody switched out, no other a/w management, etc.... Just people who think it's cool being a first responder doing nothing.

5) What were they exactly doing at the end? Someone brought a defib I guess (and has a stethoscope on his belt which is so cool) but chest compressions stop and ummmm what exactly are they doing? Hey stethoscope boy, control the scene and tell someone to continue chest compressions at least while you guys are doing whatever it is you are doing.

6) LULZ @ the guy at the end who is saying "nobody is doing CPR", "nobody is doing mouth to mouth (on him)". I'd be wondering the same thing dude, however I'd punch you in the head if I was on scene and you mentioned mouth to mouth. Also the woman at the end who is like "MMMMMMHHHMMMMMM". Let me guess you are like "nobody is doing mouth to mouth/CPR on a black man...."

Anyway everyone in that video is terrible.

Everyone.

Fin.

Its hard to see, but they look like store employees in the background with gloves from a first aid kit, and law enforcement providing compressions.

In the end, it would appear that they got a BASIC ambulance, doesn' t look like he can offer any more than a BVM and the stethoscope you saw..

Although I agree that they should have provided better CPR or attempted resuscitation, the probability is that they were not medical providers, and not the least bit interested in providing any..

I am kind of surprised that cpr was done at all, law enforcement very seldom participates in resuscitation any further than calling for meds and placing AED pads around here..Sad state of affairs, indeed :?

". Let me guess you are like "nobody is doing mouth to mouth/CPR on a black man...."

I didn't see any of the bystanders who killed him, stepping in to do Mouth to Mouth. I wouldn't do it on anyone, for any reason, just because of the various types of forceful fluid that can come out.

I never expect much from cops. The Penna. State Police cars have first aid kits that are at least 40 years old, and they're always reluctant to assist with giving aid anyway.

I don't know if the Nassau County PD LEOs are trained to any level of First Aid, either CFR, or EMT level. They use civilian Paramedics, in a different uniform, and take over driving duties from that paramedic when the ambulance, driven by the paramedic, arrives on the scene.

Due to the time element involved, I kind of doubt that either the Valley Stream VFD/VAS, or Elmont VFD/VAS, close neighbors to that Wal-Mart, would have arrived on the scene. The person seen with the stethoscope might have been from one of the NCPD 5th precinct ambulances, but as the picture is blurry, I cannot state with any certainty if he is or not.

(I mention that the Valley Stream VFD/VAS is either the largest department by members, in Nassau County, or has the most "houses" in the county. At least one of their members was an EMT formerly in my VAS. He was not in the camera-phone video, because I'd have recognized him.)

Anybody know how this guy actually died? Some kind of tamponade? Head injury? In either case the CPR was probably a lost cause anyways.

Still though, you're right the CPR is pretty piss poor. It is possible though that the airway was being managed by a BVM out of sight. It almost looks as if they are pausing compressions for respirations, albeit at the wrong ratio.

Scene management might actually be better than the video shows. Although there are people watching, nobody is crowding around the patient and the providers seem relatively calm and collected. Eliminating freakout = the first step in cardiac arrest scene management, especially in a public place like this. The providers are probably speaking in normal voices to eachother, which is how it should be done.

if he was trampled.... traumatic code..... really? run a trauma code? but, if this was immediately after his injury, then possible chance of ROSC....

it does appear that the individuals trying to help the deceased are police

what i find truely disgusting is a) there was a deathcount of 3 for a big shopping day. wow people. really. c'mon now, is a new toy for little johnnie worth someone's life? isnt there something wrong with people dying for christmas shopping when christmas is the celebration of the birth of a man who supposedly died for our sins??

:lol: people would actually video tape (cell phone or otherwise) and others giggle while watching people trying to help a person who's dying/dead. how surreal.........

Just from what I heard on the news, and know how it would be prior to EMS, I didn't need to see the camera action to know what it was probably like. In one of those "First Aid" kits they got all those gloves out of, surely there would have been a mouth to mask device or face shield of some sort to do ventilations. I thought that as Managers or security officers (rent-a-cop or not) would have been CPR trained enough to do compressions more near correct than they were.

All in all, it was just a bad incident. It was unexcusable for those shoppers to be so eager to get in. There's no sales that would justify that type of barbarism, and that's what it was.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.