Cadaver, Anatomy, Procedure Lab for EMS Dec 3 and 4

Doczilla

One funny thing that happened was at the end of the day, we were informed that there was approx. 5 min left in class time and that our CE certificates would be available in the other building. We were at the abdominal station and really didn't pay a great deal of attention as the MD instructing was really cool and explaining some finer point of anatomy. Anyway, when we turned around the room was empty. We put it down to all the "blue shirts" in attendance and had a chuckle over it. CB managed to get a few more successful intubations and then it was off to dinner.

*Cartman voice* "Screw you guys, I'm goin back to the dead body!!!" :twisted: :D:lol:

I have made it back to Canada. I'm in need of sleep so I'll keep it short for now and just say that it was definitely an incredible experience.

Dust, Anthony and I closed down the Pub at the Greene last night, then froze our asses off in the parking lot for a while. And Anthony was drinking a tiny little beer. :D

It was nice to meet you fellas and raise a glass and have a loud, spirited (in more ways than one) debate about the various reasons that Canada sucks. :P

Glad y'all enjoyed the class.

'zilla

I'm finally headed home out of Dayton. I was going to stay one more day and see more of the Air Force Museum, which really takes a full week to see all of. But right now, we're experiencing what you frostbacks call "a sprinkling", better known in Texas as a blizzard, and in California as the second Ice Age. If I don't get out of here before it starts sticking, I'll be the one that's stuck.

I tried to post about my experiences at the lab earlier today, but of course, the board crashed when I hit send and the post was not retrievable. I'll try again when I get home on Sunday evening. Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to Anthony's pics!

Thanks for everything, Zilla. You're the best!

Hey guys,

I'm in the middle of moving, so my electricity has been shut off, already. Typing this from the library.

The trip was a great experience, including Zilla getting accosted by drunken nurses/ERstaff at the pub and his tour around his ER. I'll post the pics when I get my computer connected at my own place...not many since we couldn't take pics at any of the cadaver rooms for privacy purposes.

BTW, I should mention that Zilla nursed his Newcastle our entire dinner, while I downed my 11% beer...I was ready to order a few more, but didn't want to seem like an alcoholic in front of Da Doc. :D (or show him up....)

Now that I have a moment to write, I just wanted to reiterate what the others have said about the lab. It was a great experience and a very interesting day. I would gladly again deal with the continual derogatory comments about Canada to be able to learn so much and realize how much more I need to learn. The residents did a great job, especially the guy at the cardiac station (Tony maybe?). Give him an extra day off or something!

Oh and also the food was excellent. I'm not sure what kind of ungrateful hose monkey would complain about subs and brownies. Thanks for the opportunity to attend, Zilla! Also I do have just a couple pics of interest that I will try to get up in the next couple of days (there seemed to be a bit of a whacker there...).

Hey guys,

I'm in the middle of moving, so my electricity has been shut off, already. Typing this from the library.

The trip was a great experience, including Zilla getting accosted by drunken nurses/ERstaff at the pub and his tour around his ER. I'll post the pics when I get my computer connected at my own place...not many since we couldn't take pics at any of the cadaver rooms for privacy purposes.

BTW, I should mention that Zilla nursed his Newcastle our entire dinner, while I downed my 11% beer...I was ready to order a few more, but didn't want to seem like an alcoholic in front of Da Doc. :D (or show him up....)

If hot med students went out with you guys and you and Dust didn't call me to come back I may need to kill you.