Missouri "Paramedic $10.75 per hour" ?

SANDMEDIC

Ok, so I see a Very large Southern Missouri Hospital is hiring paramedics for 10.75 an hour. Are they kidding?

Those of you curious it is posted in the jobs section.

Those that work there let me know how it is. Are you still carring a "thumper" and Lifepak 5?

Just curious if the equipment is as out dated as the pay.

I can only imagine what they pay EMT-basics.

I am sure it's not those that work there. It's the bean counters in the 10 story building next door.

Sheesh!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking the cost of living down there is very small to justify that amount.

I am thinking the cost of living down there is very small to justify that amount.

It's higher there than where I'm at yet we get $18 for paramedic. Just sounds like the market is saturated with medics, or lots of volly services.

As well, you did not state if it was 24 hour shifts, with built in overtime or any other explanation (s).

This might actually be a $40-mid $50,000 year job even at $10.75 an hour. Remember that one can NOT base EMS salaries solely upon per hour statements. For I have seen offers of $25 hr with the stipulations of only being paid for 16 hr of the 24 hour shift.. in reality the hourly rate would be much lower. Again, there are so many variables.

When evaluating pay, one needs to look at the costs of living, the benefits and the over all pay. We pay out 12 -15 per hour, but in comparison to a 40 hour week it would be $25 - 30 hr.

Look at whole the picture.

R/r 911

It's higher there than where I'm at yet we get $18 for paramedic. Just sounds like the market is saturated with medics, or lots of volly services.

Our pay is entire 24 plus overtime. None of that crap of 16 paid 8 free. I have actually seen more low paid services that pull the so many paid plus so many free than I have seen the higher paid services. So the the low wage guy gets robbed twice.

If it's Cox Health or St. Johns, I can tell you anything you want to know about it. Seeing as how you said it was a LARGE southern Missouri hospital, I'd bet it would have to be one of them.

Brand new baby paramedic - 0 years of experience - 10.51/hour - with modified Kelly shifts (10 shifts per month) I make 250$ per shift or 35K. There is a ton of overtime available - by taking a couple of extra shifts a month (now 24 hours at 16$/hour, I make 400$ per shift. Big private service so I got really good benefits that cost me peanuts. After 6 years of service, all the benefits are paid for. The rate goes up every year of service too. It's not gonna make me wealthy, but its plenty enough money for me.