Personal equipment/your "uniform"

d2600

Just went for uniform pick-up this week with my new service. Holy crap, they gave us a lot of stuff.

- Navy Short sleeve uniform shirts x3

- Navy Uniform pants x3

- Wool Sweater (with the epaulets and elbow patches)

- Clip on tie (not for day to day, just office stuff I guess)

- Rain coat

- Winter coat

- Splash pants

- ANSI Vest (marked Paramedic)

- Service t-shirt (not uniform it seems, just SWAG)

- Gear bag (really nice one too)

- Bullard helmet

- Duty belt (2 piece)

- Heavy leather gloves

- Voucher for boots (1/yr for PT and 2/yr for FT)

- 3 sets of epaulets

I think that's it. Service also provided N95 fit testing on that day to make sure we'd have correctly fitting masks available. Not really issued gear, but I was glad to see it was high on the list when we started.

With repect to this thread, I have about four uniform shirts that have never been used. They are too big for me and I'm willing to give them away free, you just have to pay for shipping and handling, I live in Alberta, Canada. PM me if you are interested.

Just went for uniform pick-up this week with my new service. Holy crap, they gave us a lot of stuff.

- Navy Short sleeve uniform shirts x3

- Navy Uniform pants x3

- Wool Sweater (with the epaulets and elbow patches)

- Clip on tie (not for day to day, just office stuff I guess)

- Rain coat

- Winter coat

- Splash pants

- ANSI Vest (marked Paramedic)

- Service t-shirt (not uniform it seems, just SWAG)

- Gear bag (really nice one too)

- Bullard helmet

- Duty belt (2 piece)

- Heavy leather gloves

- Voucher for boots (1/yr for PT and 2/yr for FT)

- 3 sets of epaulets

I think that's it. Service also provided N95 fit testing on that day to make sure we'd have correctly fitting masks available. Not really issued gear, but I was glad to see it was high on the list when we started.

I too just picked up my uniform the other day from my new service:

5 Uniform shirts

3 Uniform pants

3 Smocks (worn under shirt)

1 Ball Cap

1 Toque

1 Sweater vest thing

4 Sets of Epaulets

1 Radio belt clip

1 Radio mic holder

1 Cell phone belt pouch

1 Rain coat

1 Extrication jacket

1 Extrication pants

1 Extrication helmet with face shield

1 Pair Extrication gloves

1 Pair of winter gloves

1 Duty belt (inner/outer)

1 Pair of boots/year

1 Gear bag

1 Tyvek suit

1 Safety glasses

1 N95 Mask with replaceable filters

And on top of that I get a dress uniform custom fitted at a future date.

Ya I heard Hastings-Quinte was issuing extrication gear. Good on 'em. Hopefully it's something other services will copy them. I know it feels weird to be in a car with a helmet and shirt sleeve looking around and noticing all the FD guys in turnouts or extrication coveralls. Kinda gives you pause.

The tyvek and dress uniform are nice touches too.

the rural service I work for provides the uniform tee-shirts, all else is up to the emt.

I'm from a small town volunteer squad and we were given Blood born pathogen jacket and pants. Mandatory by state. Expensive yes. I carry a pair of scissors, tape, 4x4s, gauze,glucose, pen,paper and I have a medic pack in my truck at all times. Not much happens out her in the woods but when it does we are ready. hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm from a small town volunteer squad and we were given Blood born pathogen jacket and pants. Mandatory by state. Expensive yes. I carry a pair of scissors, tape, 4x4s, gauze,glucose, pen,paper and I have a medic pack in my truck at all times. Not much happens out her in the woods but when it does we are ready. hope this helps.

Jackets and pants are not mandatory in CT at all, you just have a service that gives a damn about their EMTs. Some services make do with cheap "Staff Protection Kits" that fit in a plastic bag. Be happy about that.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Our service gives us polos and EMS pants. We also get a bright yellow reflective jacket/winter coat. Everything else is up to us.

as for everything else, we have pagers and radios. I carry scissors, pens, paper, and my flip books in my pockets. I also have a maglight that I carry. That is it. There is no need to really carry a lot of stuff that will drag you down. Most of what we need is in our thomas pack.

We are issued...

2 T shirts

1 Pants

1 Sweat Shirt

1 Three Season Jacket

1 Rain Suit

everything else is up to us. Of course the pager and radio were supplied as well.

What I added....

Scissors

Pens

Pad

Flip book

Multi-tool

LED Mini flashlight (both red and white leds)

3 Knives in various pockets

Stethescope

Mechanix Gloves in blue and white

CPR Mask

Pen Light

Only thing on my belt is the LED flashlight and pager everything else fits nicely in the 5.11 EMS Pants. Scissors, Pen Light, and one pen show everything else stay out of sight.

I know most dont carry a ton with them but I have more then once needed everything I carry with me now and it either wasn't in the rigs jump pack for whatever reason or I was in a position that made getting to the jump pack not possible. The stethescope is just because I like to use my own for no other reason then that.

Edited by UGLyEMT

the service I worked for last all we got was a coat and weather proof thin pants to go over your pants.

I paid for the following

boots (150.00)

Pants 5 pair (45.00 per pair) 220.00

Shirts: 5 shirts (shortsleeve at 20 per shirt) 100.00

Belt: 35.00 at the local uniform shop I got the pants at

Total I'm out of pocket: nearly 500.00

Add to that a flashlight: 10 bucks at my inlaws radio shack

Stethoscope: 120.00 for a littman

Safety glasses - 5 bucks

And I'm nearly out 600 or so.

But I don't work there anymore.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.