Personal equipment/your "uniform"

d2600

Don't you have like overalls or something? What about protection gear? That seems dangerous to me. So you cut up cars in your own cloths?

No we don't have overalls. We have our coats and gloves that we can wear, but other than that we just wear our jeans or whatever we have on. In the case of a car accident, the fire department responds in full gear so they do the cutting and we just focus on the patient and let the fire department handle the rest. Since the rescue squad that I am with is mainly made up of first responders, we always have another ambulance service respond with us to calls where a patient will most likely need to be transported. Overall, its a small town and we really don't see many car accidents that are too bad.

:lol::D "We get supplyed with a full uniform. As long as you put in the hours and show dedication they'll buy you what ever you want really... "

can i get a f 16

then or is it just unaforms/bunker gear :D:D:D:D

LOL!!! Ohh you know if you do enough hours they buy you an ambulance... Jokes...

Nah, it's mainly uniform. If you do enough hours they'll buy you a pretty good trauma bag and fully stock it. They also buy stuff for your belt. eg, shears holder, gloves pouch just little freebies like this.

This is the uniform I have.

Overalls

Overalls 2 peace

Short sleeve shirts

Long sleeve shirt

Jumper

Jacket

Tie

Epaulets

Name Badge

ID Badge

High-Vis Vest

High-Vis Polar Lined vest

High- Vis Rain jacket

BTW our high- vis stuff is a yukk dark green and fluor yellow colour.

Disaster Turn Out Bag

Helmet

White funny overalls for HazMat stuff

Face Shield

Goggles that look like MX goggles

Thick Gloves

We look like freaks lol!

lol i feel like my department blows now... all they give us is depending on when you join, you willl get a blue T-shirt that has our department name, ans or a polo that is either blue or green and has the department name. as for gear and what not we have 2 EMTs at the department who are also firefighters and have fancy blue turnout gear. other than that we just show up in whatever...Well the paramedics have sheriffs department uniforms they wear

• 11 months later...

My Vollie Dept. issues

2 screen printer dept. t-shirts

2 screen printed sweatshirts on with fire on the back one with out

1 Pager

1 set of bunker gear(coat, pants, helmet, boots, nomex hood)

1 Polo shirt with dept. emblem

1 Class A dress shirt with dept patch and American Flag Sewn on

1 badge(for class a shirt and jacket)

1 set of F.D. pins(For class a shirt)

1 Eisenhower jacket with dept patch and American Flag sewn on

If you are an FR or higher you will get a pager with repeat, radio, and radio number dependent on availability.

The member must provide dress slacks without a crease, dress shoes, and any other equipment/clothing they want.

I have bought a couple pairs of EMT pants for event standby's and training with the dept.

• 2 months later...

The Volly Fire Department I am on issues you the standard turnout gear which is about two years old, tranditional fire helmet and a rescue helmet if you want (Usually only EMTs get them), 2 t-shirts (one rescue and one fire) and of course a CPR pocket mask. We recently purchased a $221,000 rescue truck, new amkus electric rescue equipment, resque jacks, little gaint ladder, LifePak 12, Suction unit, and all the other BLS stuff. We provide most of the extrication in our area and we are buying all brand new air bags too. We have got a ton of grants and raised the rest. We also have a cammand/air trailer, all new MSA 4500 SCBAs. We have really good equipment for a volly department in a rural area.

On our ambulance service we get several shirts and a couple coats, no ems pants though. We have the best equipment available, LifePak 12s, power cot, 2 Type III ALS Ambulances, and a brand new ambualnce base.

As for POVs we can buy a jump kit if we want one or just go and get a small duffle bag or backpack and put one togeter ourselves. We do not carry any O2 in our POV.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.