How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

Lone Star

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And two to say how changing light bulbs is below their expertise and make some rookie do it, under their supervision of course.

To which someone will reply "It wasn't covered in the classroom material, and I didn't do it in my clinicals, so it must be outside my scope of practice, therefore I won't do it ... and I think I will send an email to my medical director to get confirmation of my scope of practice in this matter."

Don't forget the 1 medical control doc to take away the light bulb when the people that are using are given a test on when you can and cannot use it and fail, miserably.

There will be at least 3 others that will point out what a run on sentence that is.

When someone would make the comment that "it is not in my job description", I had a Chief that would say that your job description is for you "to do what the Chief tells you to do."

He could be a real "jerk" (and that's putting it lightly)

When someone would make the comment that "it is not in my job description", I had a Chief that would say that your job description is for you "to do what the Chief tells you to do."

He could be a real "jerk" (and that's putting it lightly)

Uh, Chief....are you going to support me and my family when I lose my license?

A long time ago, in a company that has been since purchased, and their purchaser themselves purchased (times a few), I had an argument with a senior dispatcher, at the garage.

Me: "We can't put that ambulance out on the street, it is missing several items the state requires on board."

Dispatcher: "The state is not paying you, we are! Take that ambulance out, as I already have a call for you."

FYI, the state did an "on floor" inspection a few months after I left, meaning all vehicles had to be seen at the same time. They almost got shut down, when the inspectors found crews in vehicles leaving the garage passing missing equipment to arriving ambulances crews. Until they caught on, they may have counted the same O2 tank and regulator 4 or 5 times! That inspection also resulted in several "home-brew" ambulances (take a van, put a beacon and siren on top, put a storage box and stretcher restraining bar into it, and call it an ambulance!) being removed from service, and commercially manufactured ambulances being purchased to replace them.

3 or 4 to get into an extensive argument about whether the light bulb changers are volley or paid - private or ff.... 12 pages of flames and deceased equine abuse, followed by 1 or 2 huffy exits from the site, applauded by 2 or 3 that incited the huffy exit. God I love this place!!!!! :):):lol::lol:
You know what . . . I think everyone here just likes drama. Gosh all our relationships must be chaotic :)

Oh, and 1 to add the biochemical academic perspective, 1 to seriously step in and say how serious a procedure light bulb changing is (and thus shouldn't be a basic skill), 1 random post by a newcomer trying to get posts to enter chatroom, 1 very educational post on the respiratory system of light bulbs, and one or two asking if the light bulb is hot (not temp wise).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.