Cell phone use in bathrooms

Just Plain Ruff

I'm told I was late in learning how to talk. I've been making up for lost time ever since.

Someone complaining that I talk too much asked if I ever shut up. I borrowed a comic book line, allegedly told to "Black Canary" by "Green Arrow", ("Don't give up until") "Ten minutes after you draw your last breath".

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talk and crap alot, some of my best convos are when Im on the shi tter. I could care less.

Ruff I like the "turd" comment, hahahahahaha

My old roommate dropped his phone in the toilet one day, that was priceless.....so much for a shi tty conversation.... :D

Here is my thought. If I happen to be the unlucky person to discover that we are short on "supplies" and the wife does not respond to my yells, I will call the house on my cell. Otherwise, that is my quiet time.

I, as much as any other in this amazing technological age we live in today, am glued to my cell phone, if only for all the added features that are, if I may show my regional dialogue for a second, wicked awesome. I own an HTC Touch, a fancy little gadget with a touch screen, internet, streaming TV and radio, unlimited texting, instant messaging, coffee maker, stun gun, etc. etc. While I primarily use it for texting or emailing (I am now a professional T9 typist), there is the occasional time when I will feel compelled to use the ancient "Phone" function.

Talking on the phone in public is a great way to get yourself noticed, especially if you employ the yuppie "speak as loudly into the microphone as you can to let everyone around you know how important you are" technique. While you're chatting away about golf times and Volvo's, everyone in the area knows your voice, your face, your clothes and most importantly, that you are much more important than they are.

But there are times where anonymity is key, and to get back on track with this reply, releasing swells of foul smelling bodily fluids is one of those times. I would rather not have everyone in the restroom associate my voice with the toxic stench I may or may not be pumping into the room. I'd rather not say hello so someone in the hallway, only to get the awkward stare as the gentleman remembers my voice and can almost taste the whole unnerving experience all over again. I'd like it if not even David Caruso could link me to that smell.

There are many other issues as well, one being that a restroom is supposed to be silent, or at least as silent as possible. Sometimes a good squeeze can be a Zen-like experience, provided the atmosphere is right. And I doubt that any one of you out there cannot tell me that they do some of their best thinking on the John. It's peaceful, quiet, and solitary, for the most part. At the end, you feel better, you wash your hands and you feel clean, refreshed and ready to go. What's not to love about it?

Anyway, to make a long post even longer, I agree. Talking on the phone while on the crapper is a real jerk move. I would have made the wife think he was at the bathroom of a strip joint.

I have made it my mission to irritate the heck out of people if I'm in the bathroom and they are in the next stall talking on the phone. I plan on answering every one of their questions with a potty themed question. I plan on making my voice so loud that everyone in the bathroom will know that I'm on my cell phone to hell with the associating my smell/stink with my voice.

In the end when I am done, I'm going to say 'Dang, I thought you said you didn't have a boyfriend, You used me" and then leave.

Maybe that will get em to think long and hard before they start to chat on their phone thusly interrupting my private moment and keeping me from discovering the secret of NIMH.

I have made it my mission to irritate the heck out of people if I'm in the bathroom and they are in the next stall talking on the phone. I plan on answering every one of their questions with a potty themed question. I plan on making my voice so loud that everyone in the bathroom will know that I'm on my cell phone to hell with the associating my smell/stink with my voice.

In the end when I am done, I'm going to say 'Dang, I thought you said you didn't have a boyfriend, You used me" and then leave.

Maybe that will get em to think long and hard before they start to chat on their phone thusly interrupting my private moment and keeping me from discovering the secret of NIMH.

Dang you must be my evil twin. :shock:

ok the first video posted i dont think anyone caught the funniest thing about that video...i jsut stared at it until the end came up. The Australian Breastfeeding Association. I have nothing against it, its jsut the thought of 30 or 40 women getting in a group and marching down main street breasts exposed with babies hanging off of them screaming "this is our right" :lol::lol::lol: thats jsut what came to my simple mind lmao. Hope someone else thinks its funny.