Echo's Final Post

Echoburger

Well, believe it or not...this is a big suprise to me. I have 'always' wanted to be a Firefighter/EMT-P when I grow up since I was a little kid...Today(Sunday, June 15,2008) I have changed my mind. I'm a Christian and I know the Lord wants me to work full-time ministry service when I grow up...so that means I am done with all the Fire/EMS stuff...I probably wont be here much...occasionally visit here and there.

And also, I can't even start to list all the people here that have helped with me with my questions and comments about stuff...I've learned a great deal just from talking with the awesome users here. I'm gonna miss yall, but as a Christian, I know the Lord wants me to work as either a missionarie or a preacher.

Yall take care, and stay safe.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Echo best of luck to you in your decision. I will miss you my youngest internet son.

But Best of luck. Let us know how you are doing

Terr

As a Christian myself, however agnostic after being in EMS.. Yes, that's right.. I've seen stuff that no figure could ever do to a person for a good purpose. Furthermore, why would a God want us, to see such horrific, gruesome things that can happen to the human body? I just don't buy it. I think when you leave the house in the morning, odds of returning, are 50/50; no matter who you are, what you do, or how much you pray.

That said, God would want you to be a good, moral, responsible person; do good for your fellow man/woman; be loyal to your church and pastor; but you also have to live your life for yourself. God would probably be okay with you partaking in a good career, that focuses on helping others; bringing them from danger and pain and all that mushy stuff.

Do what you gotta do kid, but YOU have to live your life, do let someone map it out for you.

Echo I commend you. As a full time minister myself, I have found EMS supports my ministry efforts. I do not want to be a burden to those I am supposed to help so I earn my own money and pay my own way. Jesus did his ministry w/o charge. As you read about the apostles one even stayed and worked side by side with tent makers. There is nothing wrong with accepting heart felt gifts but I disagree with those that expect others to pay them for what Jesus did for free.

As to EMS it has emphasized to me the truth of the bible. It has actually built my faith rather than destroy it. As you study the bible you can find why God has allowed such horrible events. You will also find his future (Rev 21:3,4 as one example).

Keep in touch young man.

Congrats. If you are interested check out the Fellowship of Christian Firefighters. They include Paramedics too, not just firefighters. I'm a member. Even though you've been called that doesn't necessarily mean you have to give up the fire service all together. Pray about it and you may be called to be a Chaplain with a fire service.

My niece is in DFW right now on a missions trip. Good luck and God speed.

Well dude, good luck to ya.

I do not see why they can not both be accomplished...why do you think they are not compatiable?

I have been on departments that had clergy affiliated with us. They responded to big scenes, offered counseling to anyone that needed it, etc etc. Several of them were crosstrained as medics and firefighters and there were times they bunkered up and went to work.

While I do not agree with it, one department had a priest on the payroll. This was several years ago and the position may be eliminated by now, however there are plenty of opportunities for you to do both and do both well.

I have enjoyed your presence since day one, you are a bright, inquisitive young man who I think has the right idea and best of intentions...once you get over your whacker phase.

Anyways, I think you should hang around, consider all options and rule nothing out, as you have many, many years ahead of you before such life changing decisions need to be solidified.