What sad sack state did this happen in? ... Oh shoot - mine

Kaisu

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If medic 2 thought the pt may need RSI, why didn't he assist medic 1? Why not work together for the benefit of the pt rather than fight. They had the same medical director according to the video interview.

If we want a national presence and a positive image why can't we work together, rather than having these turf wars?

Gezzz,, I thouhg this stuff just happened in NYC between FDNY and ESU. LOL

RSI.??? Thats just stupid. I work in a system where not all ground providers are RSI, so if i showe up at a call, and the pt is in another unit from my service or another service. I open the door, say hello, and maybe something like "heah I can RSI if you think it is needed".

when the response is "No, we're going to the LZ "

my reply is "OK see YAAAAAAAAAA."

I think the sheriff said it best. "troubling or disturbing"

to quote Rodney King " CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG ???""

when the response is "No, we're going to the LZ "

my reply is "OK see YAAAAAAAAAA."

Yeah, I'd like to know that kind of examination and evaluation that clown did that qualified him to determine the patient needed RSI. I'm tellin ya, in three decades, I simply haven't encountered that many patients that truly needed RSI above all else.

I'd like to see what his medical director and protocols say about RSI, like under what circumstances is it indicated and approved, and did he do enough of a patient exam to determine that. If not, I'd say he's up for state licence action.

I'd like to see him and his wife both in the unemployment line.

I concur. With about 400 patients seen in a year, I would say that maybe 20, or about 5 % needed RSI. And thats just off the top of my head, and may even be a little high.

Might be closer to 12 .... brain not working now, sorry.

And that is with a fiarly liberal RSI policy that relies on clinical assemsnt and provider judgement, in addition to injuries and S/S.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.