What sad sack state did this happen in? ... Oh shoot - mine

Kaisu

I'm going to chime in here because Paramedic Asher is a good friend of mine and has been for over 10 years. We were partners as paramedics and I frequently teach and answer questions for his paramedic classes that he teaches. He has close to 20 years experience in EMS, with over half of that at the paramedic level. He frequently visits me here in Dayton and precepts with me in the ER.

A word about Jeff: you have never met anyone with the same calm under fire, dedicated study to the field of prehospital emergency care, and proactive attitude toward EMS and its providers. His decision-making in bad situations is spot-on. He is exactly the kind of medic you would want working in your system and teaching your paramedic students. He's the first one on my list of folks I would want taking care of me or my loved ones, and the first one I'd want to be riding with in the truck.

What I can tell you about this CF is that Jeff did the best he could to provide appropriate patient care in spite of this other idiot paramedic trying to dictate who goes with which ambulance. The concern arose because this moron (who hadn't actually examined the patient) thought the patient needed a crew that could perform RSI, which he didn't. The transporting crew was an ALS paramedic crew. This was not an issue about billing or money. When things didn't go Mr Hart's way, he enlisted the help of his wife the deputy, who stepped over the line to try help out her husband, the moron. The deputy is certified as a First Responder. She would not be reasoned with, and when Jeff didn't acquiesce to her demands, she arrested him.

I think this is a difficult thing for him, because he has an absolute respect for law enforcement, and has in the past enjoyed an excellent relationship with officers and deputies from the areas where he has worked.

Jeff has remained silent on the issue because of company policy regarding talking to the media, but I know that it kills him to not be able to say what needs to be said; this deputy is an idiot, and her interference only hampered operations on what was a very difficult call to begin with. Likewise, this other paramedic is so ignorant he couldn't drive nails in the snow.

'zilla

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When things didn't go Mr Hart's way, he enlisted the help of his wife the deputy, who stepped over the line to try help out her husband, the moron. The deputy is certified as a First Responder. She would not be reasoned with, and when Jeff didn't acquiesce to her demands, she arrested him.

I knew it. I could smell it.

I still want to know how the patient was ultimately transported, by whom, and to where.

well dust the assumption I'm going to take is this

The patient in the end was moved to the idiots ambulance because the paramedic taking care of the patient was arrested and he needed a medic so the idiot medic probably got his wish anyway.

If I was the good medic, not the idiot medic I would be looking into my legal options to see whether this deputy acted correctly in this situation.

I'd be talking to the DA's office and if that led me no-where then I'd be calling some big shot lawyer.

When things didn't go Mr Hart's way, he enlisted the help of his wife the deputy, who stepped over the line to try help out her husband, the moron. The deputy is certified as a First Responder. She would not be reasoned with, and when Jeff didn't acquiesce to her demands, she arrested him.

'zilla

OMG, calling your wife in to arrest someone? Jeez louise, call me old fashioned but this guy must have his balls in a pickle jar by the front door. I bet he got his mom to get him out of fights when he was a kid and getting his ass whipped. Can I have his e-mail address so I can make fun of him? Please?

Obviously you didn't see the kind of gun the moron's wife was carrying, or did you?

This point was not lost on Jeff, who realized he was getting into a row with an unreasonable, agitated, and armed individual. It was at this point that he decided he would not continue to argue with her, and would sort it out later if she arrested him.

'zilla

OMG, calling your wife in to arrest someone? Jeez louise, call me old fashioned but this guy must have his balls in a pickle jar by the front door. I bet he got his mom to get him out of fights when he was a kid and getting his ass whipped. Can I have his e-mail address so I can make fun of him? Please?

STOP OR MY MOM WILL SHOOT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOHgo1bX7E8

Obviously you didn't see the kind of gun the moron's wife was carrying, or did you?

Obviously, someone missed the humor in the above exchange......

This point was not lost on Jeff, who realized he was getting into a row with an unreasonable, agitated, and armed [s:69924f6391]individual[/s:69924f6391] female.

Fixed that for ya. :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.