1 step forward, 2 steps back...New EMT-I program for KY

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you dont work here dont bust it ok i do live in louisville,ky and yes i know of whats going we do what we can with what we have if what you got work use it and we well use what worked best for us

If you want to keep this to yourselves, then don't provide the information to a media outlet.

This type of system reeks of the city government thinking they know what is best for the public without having the first clue. This type of system is a band-aid, and nothing more. The area wanting paramedics, but not being willing to pay for it is the whole reason that the intermediate level was developed in the first place.

There are plenty of paramedics to provide the service level the public wants/needs without making up something "new". Like anything, it will take money and dedicated individuals to make it happen. Making things easier for 9 people will not solve the problem.

If you would like for us to take you seriously, you might consider learning some grammar as well. Your post looks like it was written by a 3rd grader.

oh one more thing are Total Population 715,196 thats just for louisville.ky

The population listed was for one of the outlying counties, not Louisville, KY specifically.

This is total BS. There is no shortage of medics. There's just a shortage of medics who want to work for minimum farking wage. So, as JP pointed out, instead of spending their grant money on improving the system and attracting or educating more paramedics -- thereby fixing the problem -- they choose to perpetuate the problem by creating the illusion of a solution. Another band aid on an arterial bleed that only hides the problem instead of fixing it. Stupid asses.

And what's with the gay uniforms? They look like prison guards.

She took the skills portion of the test to become an intermediate EMT in December. She and the others still must take the knowledge test before being certified to work as intermediates in Bullitt under the pilot program.

That is the most telling statement in the entire article. These people are so absolutely clueless that they actually think it's about skills. Just "give" them some "skills", and worry about all that worthless book learnin' later. Idiots. :roll:

It never ceases to amaze me that there are physicians willing to put their name on this BS.

Two other problems with their system stand out. First, they have way too many females working there, apparently. And second, probably as a result of the large number of females, too many of them just sit on their fat arses for twenty years as an EMT -- with a whole three weeks of night school -- without ever once summoning up the professional commitment to better themselves. Seriously, are those the type of people you want to be promoting?

Is it just me, or has the whole friggin' world gone mad? ](*,)

Would it be better to get rid of EMT-B and go for all EMT-I and Paramedic?

I know the best would be all Paramedics but since that is not happening.

That would be the perfect system, to have one level but like you said it is not going to happen the best we can hope for is a balance of need with something slightly realistic. I have no problem with a 4-500 hr basic. I would do a good job of culling the idiots out and provide adequate education for a basic. Dust, I only want to know what their program's going to provide as of yet no one has answered that.

if you dont work here dont bust it ok i do live in louisville,ky and yes i know of whats going we do what we can with what we have if what you got work use it and we well use what worked best for us

oh one more thing are Total Population 715,196 thats just for louisville.ky

Eric, can you translate this for me? When I went to click spellcheck it went crazy and walked off the job. It said please try again when you have something readable.

I have a vague idea of what you were trying to say but it's tough to interpret or understand.

Here is my interpretation of what you said, my interpretation is in parenthesis.

if you dont work here dont bust it. (If you don't work here don't bust it)

ok i do live in louisville,ky and yes i know of whats going(Ok, I do live in Louisville, KY and yes I know what is going on)

we do what we can with what we have(We do the best with what we have)

if what you got work use it and we well use what worked best for us (If what you have works then use it, and we will use what has worked best for us in the past.

oh one more thing are Total Population 715,196 thats just for louisville.ky (Oh, one more thing, our total population is 715,196 and thats just for Louisville, KY.

Did I interpret that right?

we do what we can with what we have(We do the best with what we have)

if what you got work use it and we well use what worked best for us (If what you have works then use it, and we will use what has worked best for us in the past.

<snip>

Did I interpret that right?

I think a more accurate interpretation would be, "this is the way we've always done it, so this is the way we're always going to do it, so don't bother us with progress."

Or maybe, "shut up and don't ruin my chances of getting some cool skills without having to go to paramedic school!"

ok frist in louisville they are working on getting more medics they are sending any emt that want to become a medic to school all the have to do is stay thre for 2 years

My God man, you did it again!!!!!

Do you even re-read what you write?

My spellcheck won't even go near this one. It on strike and going for PTSD!

ok frist in louisville they are working on getting more medics they are sending any emt that want to become a medic to school all the have to do is stay thre for 2 years

Seriously, dude, you've been here long enough to know the rules. At least give it an intelligent effort.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.