EMTcity EMS

brentoli

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work in such a dispatch center Brent. EmtB gets 2 dollars an hour more........

More than what? Your agency actually has non-medical persons working comms for you?

Yikes! I'm sure glad there are more professional options for aeromed in my community.

Since we're talking logistics. If this is going to be a medium to large sized agency, it should have a kitchen with some chefs and deliver food packs to the stations or units.

No junk food. Wholesome, hot, real, cooked meals. I'd prefer it if the agency simply provided the food, but some other arrangement could be made. For example, the staff could pay for the food, but the agency would pay for the kitchen, including staffing, delivery, etc.

A large kitchen like this should be able to get food wholesale, so the cost of the materials (the part the employees pay) could be kept at a minimum.

At least one hot meal per 12 hour shift and some sandwiches for snacks.

Good, wholesome meals make better AND happier employees.

. For example, the staff could pay for the food, but the agency would pay for the kitchen
This is what we do when working 24 hr shifts. There is a kitchen with a stove , a refrigerator and a microwave. We'll arrange to do the shopping prior to coming on shift.

How about this uniform, no polo, no badges, and I think everyone can get over the patch..... :(

l_8c9f815246ee8b71c31e1023455e9c8c.jpg

Uh, What patch?

As for JakeEMT mentioned, a Paramedic could work as dispatch. I'm sure there are others out there like me who due to physical limitations can't do the field work anymore on a regular basis unless worse-comes-to worse.

BTW: I don't cook, and I don't think anyone would want me to. :puke:

For the rigs we need to make sure there are the lifts for the onboard O2 tanks. Back saver! Not sure about the powered stretchers. I have no experience with them.

About 12 yrs. ago we toured Excellance Ambulance Mfg. in AL. VERY impressive. Each ambulance was hand built, no assembly line. Was considered as the BMW of ambulances at that time. I'm sure things have changed and other companies have developed. And may even be better now. But any idea you can conceive, they could engineer into an ambulance. Some of their engineers worked for NASA.

For the rigs we need to make sure there are the lifts for the onboard O2 tanks. Back saver! Not sure about the powered stretchers. I have no experience with them.

or use high pressure high tensile steel/ carbon fibre cylinders - do any of your main suppliers supply them as a stock item ? here in right pondia both BOC and LINDE do them

(HX and ZX from BOC - 'f size' package

HX 2300 l in O2 2200 l in entonox

zx 3040 l in o2 3970 l in entonox

powered stretchers is an evolutionary dead end - tail lift vehicle and hydrulic trolley is the way to go ( see 'british' Ferno pegasus)

Since we're talking logistics. If this is going to be a medium to large sized agency, it should have a kitchen with some chefs and deliver food packs to the stations or units.

No junk food. Wholesome, hot, real, cooked meals. I'd prefer it if the agency simply provided the food, but some other arrangement could be made. For example, the staff could pay for the food, but the agency would pay for the kitchen, including staffing, delivery, etc.

A large kitchen like this should be able to get food wholesale, so the cost of the materials (the part the employees pay) could be kept at a minimum.

At least one hot meal per 12 hour shift and some sandwiches for snacks.

Good, wholesome meals make better AND happier employees.

That's the first time I have ever heard of something like that, but I love it. I bet you could probably find a way to work with the Health Insurance agency to get lower premiums due to the healthy lifestyle. Thats something we should look into as well. How can we make sure to keep out staff healthy? Its not the agency's responsilblity no. But, EMS does offer lots of choices for an unhealthy lifestyle.

Does anyone have any programs where they work, where they subsidize a health club membership? What about anything along the lines of stop smoking programs? Is it performanced based? Or can you get the healthclub membership, never go, and still cost the company a few hundred dollars? It wouldn't happen with ours. I see some sort of requirement, say you have to go 15 times in a month to the gym. Or else we don't pay our share of next months progress? The company may be able to save on benifits with this type of arrangement.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.