EMTcity EMS

brentoli

How about having mobile medical command? An ambulance staffed with 2 paramedics and one doctor. The doc provides online medical command, but has the option to come to the scene and even accompany the transporting ambulance. Maybe dispatch could even dispatch the doctor to calls fitting certain criteria.

This would probably improve the quality of medical direction, as the doctor would be more in touch with medical care in the field. Also, the option to get a doctor on scene could improve patient care.

flying the doc on HEMS or having the doc in a (high powered, professionally driven) response car is a more effective force multiplier and doesn't deprive the service of an Ambulance...

the doc primarily brings skills and knowledge to scene , plus a few procedures and drugs (primarily anaesthesia, formal chest driange plus 'salvage' surgical procedures)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see dual paramedic ambulances with paramedic supervisor QRV.

12 hr shifts, 4 days on/3 off, 3 days on/ 4 off.

No SSM! Rather strategically positioned stations.

or no 'roadside' SSM (except perhaps for short periods in the day in the urban centres )

look at the Staffordshire model of SSM with a few 'depots' and lots of stand-by points with facilities - a building with a toilet, a crew room and basic kitchen facilities

No fugly uniforms.

define fugly?

how about :- a common uniform for all operational staff that doesn't make you look like a cop is a good start ... but no doubt many peoiple would object to a restrained version of european style uniforms ( by restrained i mean the darker greens generally used on UK uniforms)

demarcate grades by a name badge on the breast pocket , and text / colours on epaulettes

<snip>

I think Mediccjh has a good idea with the ePCR.

with my inhospital provider hat on - for hospitals / units using a paper based initiall management document- the ePRF must produce a good quality and reasonably compact report ideally plain paper and no bigger than 2 A4/ foolscap/ legal pages whether it printso nthe motor of via wireless networking at triage in the Ed / in the Resus room or on the reception desk of the Assessment unit... i don't care ... ( what i don't want is 6ft of thermal printer toilet paper...)

OR integrate with the electronic charting system in use i nthe recieving hospitals

No EMTs in dispatch. No EMD. Both are useless wastes of money.

Our plan is to provide the very best, not just what we can get by with. This is not a jobs programme. This is a professional dream team agency, utilising the top of the line in personnel and resources. If not, why even bother? There are already plenty of mediocre EMS teams out there doing that quite well.

ideal EMS call centre has 'call takeers' who will be using an AMPDS like system for the majority of calls, however calls that make them uncomfortable should be able to be listened -in or taken over by a Clinical Triage advisor - an experienced Paramedic. Nurse or ECP with the skills ,knowledge and experience to be able to be trusted to think outside the box...

having the respource allocators / dispatchers from a road background is better than havign them from a call taker background - ideally thisshoudl be rotational or established as fixed posts for people who wish to have 50 %road time and 50 % allocating

I agree with well defined protocols for dispatchers and call takers (each being a separate entity, not the same), but I am specifically against Dr. Clawson's " Emergency Medical Dispatch programme of desktop flip charts and flow sheets utilised by non-medically sophisticated drones. That antiquated nonsense has never proven effective, and if it weren't for "Rescue 911" promoting it on prime time television in the 1980s, it would have been laughed out of the industry twenty years ago.

Just like SSM, EMD remains as an archaic reminder that doing what we've always done only gets what we've always gotten. Our system should set the standard, not just do what everybody else is doing.

I'd like to see dual paramedic ambulances with paramedic supervisor QRV.

12 hr shifts, 4 days on/3 off, 3 days on/ 4 off.

No SSM! Rather strategically positioned stations.

No fugly uniforms.

A IFT division could work. It might be an incentive for those not medics to become one. Dust, Ruff, AZCEP and Ryd ( with others instructors also, I don't want to hurt any feelings :wink: ) could run the in-house Paramedic programme.

I think Mediccjh has a good idea with the ePCR.

What would we do with uniforms? I like the scrub idea that has been presented here before. Also like the BDU pants / Polo shirt idea too.

Hast tha read the farking thread, Timmy? Page 2, goofus!

Wendy

CO EMT-B

One thing I'd like to point out is that there are so many "A"-Type personalities there might be constant squabble. Too many chiefs, not enough injuns. I don't know about anyone else, but I want to be an injun, but I want to be the top injun.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.