Piss Poor Pre-hospital care in the juvenile justice system!

Do you think the medical staff gave substandard care or not?  

18 members have voted

1. 1.

• no
    • yes

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this issue is really about the PE, but more about the quality of care she received while in the facility leading up to it.

I think it is a piss-poor attitude of any so-called health care worker so assume that a pt's condition today is going to turn out the exact same as the ones before. How many frequent flyers does our EMS system treat each day...A lot...Too Many...There are too many people abusing the system just like everything else...but still....don't work in it if you can't deal with it...

Maybe she was attention-seeking in the past. Who wouldn't want attention living a life like she lived. It's not her fault that she was born to a mother like that. She was only 17 years old...Many, many people in this country have the same problems this girl had or even worse and with rehabilitation go on to lead normal, successful lives.

Now if this patient was for example 35 years old, it might be a different story. I don't think we should give up on anyone who is 17 and deserves a chance at life. If the people working in that facility don't feel the same way, they shouldn't be there if they can't go their jobs with integrity, professionalism and a little bit of concern for the people in their care.

Basically, if there had been documented excellent care given to her before the PE, I doubt her death would be an issue. But after what sounds like she was ignored for a long time leading up to this and the simple fact that a nurse waited an entire 6 min. to call 911, makes me think this facility and it's workers need to be investigated fully.

Everyone has heard about the boy that cried wolf, and maybe that is what she did do in the past. With the frequent flyers we see all the time, you still have to morally treatment each and every time, and not let it cloud your judgment, The day that happens you as a person need to reevaluate things. I know that some of the nurses I run into well lets say I would rather have a Paramedic any day.

Speaking for myself, I'm the furthest thing from a bleeding heart. I could give a crap about her or the rest of them. I have some personal views on how we could clean up the inner cities and prisons..... not that any government would approve it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.