Ice application on fractures

mobey

aPINaFiV]I don't actually have a solution for air splints though.

I do. Throw them away. I've only found them useful for bleeding control, but saran wrap works just the same.

I do. Throw them away. I've only found them useful for bleeding control, but saran wrap works just the same.

I never had any use for an air splint. Never cared for them. Even for bleeding control they weren't real effective. I agree with 4cmk6.

Wow! All that in depth explanation and no discussion that the properly way to place anything cold is place padding between skin and coolant. Even nurses aides are taught to place padding in between as well as to monitor skin temp to prevent damage.

Now to add the advantages is that is does reduce swelling, coolant does decrease pain, and yes even bleeding (thus reduces bruising) .

R/r 911

Wow! All that in depth explanation and no discussion that the properly way to place anything cold is place padding between skin and coolant. Even nurses aides are taught to place padding in between as well as to monitor skin temp to prevent damage.

R/r 911

Guess I was assuming that everyone knew to use a barrier between the ice pack and the skin. That's why I didn't bring that fact up.

Guess I was assuming that everyone knew to use a barrier between the ice pack and the skin. That's why I didn't bring that fact up.
I thought so too :? . You know what they say about assuming :roll:. I guess I'm guilty as well. :lol:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.