Do you help off duty?

LisaO925

Beat me to it.

I don't think anyone would agree that death was worth it?

EDIT: I like spenac didn't catch the part she was on duty at the time.

None the less... NEVER cross a divided highway on foot unless ALL lanes of traffic are stopped. ALWAYS put your vehicle on the same side of the road of the incident, even if you have to go a couple of miles out of the way.

If their ambulance would have been on the same side of the road as them, this accident MAY not have happened. You can never tell for sure, but it probably couldn't of hurt them anymore.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nonsense. You can have an uber strict, professional dress code without trying to make your people look like cops, firemen, or security guards, when they are none of the above. They're just blowing smoke up your arse with that BS line. They want to make you feel "special" like you're training to be some kind of real, respected professional or something. Makes idiots feel like they're getting their money's worth if they get to wear a uniform.

Imagine how much more medicine you could learn in all that time they waste on your uniform inspections. Your school sucks.

I honestly could give a rats arse what you think of my school. YOU didn't pay for it, I did. You didn't buy my uniform, I did. Your just a cranky man who lost my respect long time ago.. But, like water off a ducks back, it doesn't bother me.

FYI our shirts are polo shirts with STUDENT screaming all over it. Its kinda hard to play JR EMT when it has huge letters front and back saying EMS STUDENT.

We are not trying to be EMT's We are being trained, groomed, and guided on how to take pride in ourselves, our jobs, our responsiblities. Everything wrong, missing, or not in line counts as a negative on our record just as it would on a real ambulance company.

Like I said, I LOVE what they are doing. I am all for it. And since this school has a high rate of extremely well qualified, prepared, and skilled EMT's, I will let that speak for itself.

Now since I have grown tired of your constant negative time wasting antics on me, and others, I will just ignore you.. You do not benifit me at all, or help me towards me goal.

I agree. Dust was just extra blunt this morning though. But maybe thats what the person needs.

NOPE, I didnt need it. But hey, opinions are like ___holes, and everyone has one. And just because ol Dust says my school sucks does not mean I am going to run out tomorrow, and drop the class.. :lol::lol::lol:

If I keep going as well as I am, I will graduate top of my class. I am so excited!

I will dress up in my uniform, and go to class just like any other Monday.

IMGambu.jpg

Now this is the only way to go clothing wise :lol:

This is the result of years of research into the subject - it's safe and hi-vis in all weather types. And no-one could accuse you of being a cop, could they?

WM

IMGambu.jpg

Now this is the only way to go clothing wise :lol:

This is the result of years of research into the subject - it's safe and hi-vis in all weather types. And no-one could accuse you of being a cop, could they?

WM

Yellow makes me look fat. :lol:

I honestly could give a rats arse what you think of my school. YOU didn't pay for it, I did. You didn't buy my uniform, I did. Your just a cranky man who lost my respect long time ago.. But, like water off a ducks back, it doesn't bother me.

You see people? This is why all the bad things about EMT-Basics that get said, get, well, said. Blindly into the night, guided only by your ego and need to be recognized, you trape past any and all words of wisdom passed your way. Trust me, if there was anyone to point out flaws in your school, it would be Dustdevil. But NO, YOUR school HAS to be the BEST, just like every single other arrogant EMT student I have ever talked too. You know so little that you don't even know how little you know, and that makes you dangerous. You obviously weren't really asking if you should stop at an accident scene, you were just looking for the kudos and attaboys that your thrive on. Well, sister, I say, here's some fish sticks, stop your angling expedition.

FYI our shirts are polo shirts with STUDENT screaming all over it. Its kinda hard to play JR EMT when it has huge letters front and back saying EMS STUDENT.

That's unnecessary. I can tell you're a student by the fact that you have a deer in the headlights look about you and can't remember if the velcro on the BP cuff goes towards or away from the patient's arm. Its kind of a give away.

We are not trying to be EMT's We are being trained, groomed, and guided on how to take pride in ourselves, our jobs, our responsiblities. Everything wrong, missing, or not in line counts as a negative on our record just as it would on a real ambulance company.

Mmmmhmmm, I see you school is doing a fine job of blowing smoke up your ass about how life and death important your role will be and the mortal ramifications of your job. Just one word about that though, for the most part, its BS.

Like I said, I LOVE what they are doing. I am all for it. And since this school has a high rate of extremely well qualified, prepared, and skilled EMT's, I will let that speak for itself.

Says who? You? The other students? The instructors? Who's to say how qualified they are?

Now since I have grown tired of your constant negative time wasting antics on me, and others, I will just ignore you.. You do not benifit me at all, or help me towards me goal.

Oh, gee, sorry if reality is too negative for you. Here's some nice easy to digest platitudes to make you feel better. Life, death, you are the difference. EMT's save paramedics. My mother saves lives, what does yours do? If there's a pulse, there's a chance... blah blah blah. Now go play.

boy did she get defensive.

What gets me is that she has only one school's experience and she's telling us that Dust is wrong. She's also saying most of us are wrong but then again because she's in da class that put's out some really qualified people then we are all wrong.

Keep that ego honey, it will serve you to be able to keep your head up when you are pointed to the door.

She sure is spunky though.

I'm glad she put dust in his place. I've known dust for a while and I haven't been able to do that.

I'm glad she put dust in his place. I've known dust for a while and I haven't been able to do that.

Oh, that's easy. Just call him an "upper Mexican".

(Ya know I'm kidding, Dust, I love ya.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.