Do you help off duty?

LisaO925

We are being groomed to be professional.

I've always said that if you can't dress yourself, you shouldn't be on an ambulance. As I've said in other threads, if uniforms are such a necessity to produce "professionals," how come most undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs out there (including, but not limited to, medical school) adopt them also?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are being groomed to be professional. I greatly appreciate what they are doing.

Nonsense. You can have an uber strict, professional dress code without trying to make your people look like cops, firemen, or security guards, when they are none of the above. They're just blowing smoke up your arse with that BS line. They want to make you feel "special" like you're training to be some kind of real, respected professional or something. Makes idiots feel like they're getting their money's worth if they get to wear a uniform.

Imagine how much more medicine you could learn in all that time they waste on your uniform inspections. Your school sucks.

Nonsense. You can have an uber strict, professional dress code without trying to make your people look like cops, firemen, or security guards, when they are none of the above. They're just blowing smoke up your arse with that BS line. They want to make you feel "special" like you're training to be some kind of real, respected professional or something. Makes idiots feel like they're getting their money's worth if they get to wear a uniform.

Imagine how much more medicine you could learn in all that time they waste on your uniform inspections. Your school sucks.

Dust woke up on the mean side of the bed. :wink:

Dust woke up on the mean side of the bed. :wink:

Yeah, but reality is mean. That's why its reality. I've said before you can run a class plenty strict and enforce a plenty tough dress code without playing dress up. Private schools do it all the time.

Yeah, but reality is mean. That's why its reality. I've said before you can run a class plenty strict and enforce a plenty tough dress code without playing dress up. Private schools do it all the time.

I agree. Dust was just extra blunt this morning though. But maybe thats what the person needs.

Nope. I certainly don't. I don't care what I see bleeding, hanging out of sunroofs, or laying across the ditches. I'm rather fond of being alive, so fond in fact, that I choose to stay in my unmarked honda rather than brave on-coming traffic. I also refuse to carry a whacker bag. I have no ambulance, therefore I am no paramedic. I'm just a chick on the way to the grocery store.

As some of you know, I just completed a 2 year degreed programme for my paramedic. The only thing we wore that even resembled a uniform was a polo shirt while doing hospital rotations. It was simply to identify ourselves to the staff. It had the college logo, programme and our name. It was either that or a lame name tag.

You do not have to be groomed to be professional. It is a personal choice. Either you are or you aren't. Education and the use of said education will decide whether you are professional or not. The same can be said for the way you present yourself.The way you conduct yourself, the way you write and speak. Not a uniform.

What was the name of this thread again? :lol:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.