HIGHSCHOOL AND EMT-B CLASS

mikka

Wow you make me laugh. You said "HIGHSCHOOL EMS IS FOR FAT KIDS AND DORKS" You were directing it toward "HIGHSCHOOL EMS" So yes you did direct...

Listen, dude... if you honestly cannot tell the difference between the above quote and "All high school students who enter EMS are fat dorks." then you are only proving my point about being a dork. They are not the same statement. One I said. The other I did not say. Get it?

And don't even get us started on this whole "helping my community" lie, unless you want to get more upset than you are right now.

The way we support students here is by telling them the truth, and sharing the benefit of our experience. You're welcome to go elsewhere, where wankers will blow smoke up your arse and pat you on the back for your awesomeness. I suppose that's what you are looking for. But don't confuse that with supporting you.

For the record, I was -- as the photo shows -- a dork. Never was a fat kid.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chris004.jpg

Neither am I. And they are the same statement, I took it from what you said.

"Meh... high school EMS is for fat kids and dorks" <---you

"HIGHSCHOOL EMS IS FOR FAT KIDS AND DORKS" <--- Me

That looks about the same.....xcept the capital letters. And the space between High and School. Where is the difference?

Wait. So if those aren't the same. Then your INSISTING that all fat kids and dorks start taking EMT classes?

Sorry. The whole reason I took an EMT class is to just look cool i guess. I didn't do it for the fire department or anything like that. Your definitely right. I guess alot of people at my fire department Lie then. :shock: Sorry again for a good portion of my fire department and myself for being sinners.

Neither am I. And they are the same statement, I took it from what you said.

"Meh... high school EMS is for fat kids and dorks" <---you

"HIGHSCHOOL EMS IS FOR FAT KIDS AND DORKS" <--- Me

That looks about the same.....xcept the capital letters. And the space between High and School. Where is the difference?

Obviously, you are still having difficulty comprehending what you read. Or else you simply did not read my last post. Those are not the same statements. Either way, you are not doing yourself any favours with this immature rant of yours. You are demonstrating exactly why so many people have problems with teenagers in EMS.

Yes sorry sir.

I must have done something right.

I was taught by an instructor who has won the award for best intructor in the state a few times, I learned from him, Earned my certification, and apply it.

Does age really matter though? Isn't the only thing that matters is that you give your patients the best treatment that you can? So whether your 17 or 99 does it really matter?

How is an EMT with 30 years of experience's treatment any different from someone with 1 year?

Treatment is the same right? Both had to do the same thing to earn a the patch.

So how is young people in EMS so bad? How does it harm the EMS system? Provide the best care you can.

So whether im 17 or 99 doesn't really make a difference as far as treatment goes.

So why are young people in EMS such a burden?

You're still having a serious reading comprehension problem.

I never said there was anything bad about young people in EMS. Never. In fact, in the topic right next to this one, I am on record as stating just the opposite.

What I see in you is some serious paranoia and inferiority complex. As if you think the whole world is against you, and you are overcompensating to overcome that. You are imagining enemies where they do not exist. I did not say that all youngsters in EMS were fat or dorks. And I did not say that youngsters in EMS were a bad thing either. Those are words that you imagine and then try to put in my mouth. Quit being an idiot. Slow down and take the time to CAREFULLY read what people say, and then slow down again and try to comprehend it clearly before you go off half-cocked making false accusations. People here are smarter than you think, and they are not falling for your victim mentality doublespeak. Most of us here were in your shoes when we were your age too, so you're not going to tell us anything we don't already know. And we know when what you are saying is BS.

nononono I was done arguing with you. I just gave up :lol: I was literally asking a un-anger-driven question. I was and have been done arguing with you. Sorry if i made it sound that way. Im kinda discussing pros and cons of young people in EMS. Sorry if it was miss-interpreted.

Its just a have asked alot of experience people whether 16 is really old enough to do this stuff and they all have diffrent opinions. So i was throwing that question out there, sense we are kinda on the subject :D

Cause I've seen 16-17 year old kids trying to become EMTs and they are WAY too immature for it and at the same time I see 30-40 year old men who dont take it seriously at all (the learning part that is).

Cause I've seen 16-17 year old kids trying to become EMTs and they are WAY too immature for it and at the same time I see 30-40 year old men who dont take it seriously at all (the learning part that is).

I have to admit that I agree with you on that point, Fluff. I've worked with and taught guys, and gals, that were "over-aged adolescents". Even though age-wise they were adults, they acted and thought as pre-teens (or younger) and had no business in a profession that demands maturity, good common sense, and a good head on their shoulders. But no matter someone's age, some just are not cut out to have a career in EMS.

How is an EMT with 30 years of experience's treatment any different from someone with 1 year?

The treatment might be the same, but the assessment, and the conclusions drawn from that assessment which dictates treatment, might be very different. The average provider with 30 years simply has more experience and more education (CEs and, hopefully, more formal education) than a person with 1 year of experience.

The problem, though, is that you need a strong educational background to build those experiences and habits off of. Unfortunately, EMT-Basic courses, in general, do a very poor job at this and there is no way that someone who hasn't even graduated high school yet has this base. This is why there should be at least an associates degree to enter EMS. Not a 120 hour (give or take) advanced first aid course.