What you always thought you knew about Dispatchers......

unknown

Wow, now I normally know why I don't read junk in the "funny stuff" section. Apparently too many people have no problem giving it and have no trouble having a hissy fit when people sling back. The estrogen level in this thread is dangerously high.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, now I normally know why I don't read junk in the "funny stuff" section. Apparently too many people have no problem giving it and have no trouble having a hissy fit when people sling back. The estrogen level in this thread is dangerously high.

Seems to me there are those that want to do nothing but take every thing I post and make a smart ass derogitive comment on it.

Must be nice, Have fun.

Do not start with me. You will lose and lose big and I take no pleasure in character assassination, yet your actions in this thread, and others, have given me more than enough ammunition to analyze your thought process. My suggestion, put down the victim card, get a massage, and pop an ativan.

Let's start a thread about ego's in ems... I could go on for hours about most of you.

Sure, be my guest to make a thread about me. I assure you that the size of my ego is hardly worthy of its own thread.

And then there was the private response I got from someone too much of a coward to post what he had to say here..... OH NO he had to hide........ he told me point blank all my hard work and efforts to improve the face of dispatch was pointless.....

:angryfire:

Those in glass houses should not throw stones. Since, apparently, you wish to continue with this "Epic Thread of Failure" .

Issue 1, stop being a hypocrite. First, YOU posted this thread by your own will. People will respond to it humorously in the spirit of the original post. Just because the mirror is being turned around doesn't make the posts bad. IF you are going to throw mud (even humorous mud), you HAVE to expect that people are going to throw back in a similar spirit.

Furthermore, I have now received 2 personal messages from you (one from this thread and one from another). While I do believe that PMs should be just that, private, I do take issue with you calling out other people for using the same tactic that YOU also resort to. If people are never supposed to resort to private messages, why are you resorting to private messages?

Issue 2, the victim card. Honestly, I could not care less about your home situation. Unless you are a widow, I couldn't honestly care less that you are a single mother of 3. Similarly, having to work hard doesn't make it so that you're automatically right. This forum does not reside under your roof. Furthermore, if you aren't receiving any child support from who ever fathered your children then something is wrong.

Next, the "man" is not holding you down, nor do I honestly believe that working in a "man's" world has anything to do with your situation. I'm sorry, but I honestly don't buy into that glass ceiling pile of bull for 99% of the supposed "discrimination" cases. There are way too many other factors that I can think of that would legitimately affect a person's promotion and pay scale. Yes, child birth is one of them, but that is more a fault of biology than anything else. If you want someone to blame, blame God. That said, according to the movie Dogma, God is a woman, so go figure.

Issue 3: No one honestly cares that you got a gold star on one of your certification tests. The supply girl at my old company was an EMT. She worked the supply room because she was to stupid (stupidity and ignorance are different, for the record) to work an interfacility transport job. She also liked to put her certificates (CE certificates, NREMT-B diploma thingie, etc) up on the wall in the supply room. Guess what, no one cared that she passed some CE course or passed the national registry, just like no one really cares that you got a gold star.

Finally, if losing your coworkers is such an emotional stressor that you're going to get THIS emotional on an interweb message chat board thingamajig, then you need professional help. Honestly, if losing your coworkers is a cause for these types of replies (and remember, you brought it up), then do everyone, including your children, a favor and seek professional counseling.

You people are truly pathetic... the girl was trying to start a funny thread, and you arrogant pricks had to go and ruin it, like every thing else. Let's start a thread about ego's in ems... I could go on for hours about most of you. You think you are all high and mighty, looking down on others. Well I tell you what, dispatchers play a very important role in this business.. remember? If you don't like how things are done, and think dispatchers suck.. start your own business, and take your own 911 calls. OHHHHHH WAIT, they use to do that like 100 years ago.. and realized it was STUPID

Get off your high horse, it's leg is broke and needs to be shot. People who feel the need to put others down to boost their own self esteem are scum.. pure scum.

If you want to get into a pissing match on who is better in ems, you need a life. Maybe you just need a new career.

WHOA, NELLIE!

You have got a lot of nerve talking about putting people down! Since you completed your paramedic course, all anyone has seen from you is your arrogant bullshit directed at anyone you now consider 'inferior'!

You talk about how 'pathetic' a person is to put someone else down in order to build their own self esteem, and yet you're just as guilty as the people you're calling 'scum'. Remember the old saying about glass houses and throwing stones!

I'm not the only one that has seen it, nor the only one to come to this conclusion...but I WILL be one who speaks up in this case!

Before you tell someone to get off of their 'high horse', you should make damn sure that yours is unsaddled as well!

I'm not trying to start a pissing match here, just calling 'em like I see 'em.....but remember, I'm not the only one who sees it this way!

how about we dont bite the hand that feeds us

Since when did dispatchers start signing the company checks?

I sure would like to see this one locked. To many personal attacks and nothing productive coming from them. I hate that at times we forget we are an online community and forget how we would treat each other if we were in person. This was supposed to be a fun topic but OP and several others have made it anything but fun. Everyone involved needs to step back cool down and learn from mistakes and move forward. We need the input, the different points of view, but we also need to BS attacks to stop.