New Contest - running until Jan 31

The new EMT City Contest starts in the next thread

This will take some thinking on your part as well as having MS word or a word processing program.

You must send your entry to emtcitycontest@gmail.com

Questions on the contest can be asked here.

Good luck

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please read this in it's entireity. If you don't read it all then you will not win the contest.

READ IT ALL

Good luck

The great 2008 EMT City Contest(when I said it was a doozy, I did not lie)

This contest will be open to all members of EMTcity except the judges of the contest.

The judges are Ruffems(lead judge), Dustdevil, and Itku2er.

In case of a tie Breaker I will be submitting the entries to a friend who just spec’d out a quarter million dollar ambulance and took delivery of it several weeks ago.

Your task is this:

You have to spec out an ambulance from wheels to ceiling and everything inbetween. Details will follow.

Your budget is $187,000 all inclusive budget. You can NOT go over budget or your entry will fail.

If you go to far under budget then your entry will fail unless you have a very very good reason as to why you went way under budget.

If you can spec out two ambulances for $187,000 then that’s fine but remember, you have to buy the ambulance, equip it and then put supplies in it.

Your entry needs to be very detailed. You must account for every thing you spec out. If you spec out a zoll defibrillator then you must put it’s price in the document.

If you spec out a light bar package then you must include what you think the price would be.

I did say I wanted this detailed right?

Make sure you put in the document a list of costs - prices of each piece. At the end of the document you must put the total the ambulance will cost

Here are the requirements.

1. You must spec out an ambulance. This ambulance package needs to include size, shape and numerical dimensions. If the height is to be 100 inches tall then make sure you put that in the specs.

a. Spec out the ambulance chassis

b. Spec out the ambulance cab

c. Spec out how you want the patient area to look and what dimensions etc. that the cabinets will be.

d. Spec out what kind of flooring you will use.

e. Spec out what kind of material you will use on the counters and the bench seat and captains chair.

f. Any other items that I didn’t include.

2. Spec out the light package

3. Spec out what the crew cab will have in it.

4. Spec out what radios you will use

5. Spec out the hard equipment that you will use. This needs to be specific. Do not skimp here on your descriptions. I am not going to help you on this one because you should be able to figure this part out

6. Spec out what soft equipment such as bandages and other stuff you will put in the unit.

7. What medications will you carry and the quantities you will have on stock.

8. I have intentionally left some stuff off in order to make you think.

When you have finished your specifications, you will need to email me your specification document to emtcitycontest@gmail.com

In the document in the first line of the document you must put your real name, your emtcity username and your phone number. That way I can contact you if you are a winner. No information, no contact.

The reason I am having you email me your entry is that I do not want people waiting until the last minute of the contest to use someone elses work as their own. I know that would not happen here but it might, you never ever know.

You can send questions regarding the cost of equipment and which is better etc but if you post your entry or any part of your entry which another person could use in their entry, then your participation is null and void.

For example if you posted a paragraph about the crew cab, including what all was in it and what kind of radio and equipment is in your specs, and you posted prices and all this would push someone to use that paragraph as their entry then that is a bad thing and you and the person who used the paragraph would be disqualified. Does that make sense?

This contest will run from the day I place this post to the last day of January.

Once you send in your entry please respond to the thread by putting in there that you have sent your response. ONE ENTRY PER PERSON and NO group submissions as there will only be one prize awarded and some of the prizes you cannot divide. Once I receive your submission that will be considered your entry. Your submission to the above email - is final.

Now for the prizes. I’m still working on getting those but ------ I guarantee that the total dollar amount of prizes will be no less than 100.00 and no more than 200.00 Winners will be broken down like this

Grand Prize :

And at least 1st thru 3rd prize depending on number of entries. If there are a lot of entries then 4th and 5th prizes will be awarded.

Ok, that’s it for the contest rules and the contest itself. If needed I will be updating the rules and such so keep an eye out on this thread for updates.

As for cheaters – if you cheat you will be disqualified. The judges decision is final. If the cheating is considered contest breaking, by what I mean is if your conduct is so bad that it ruins the contest for everyone then the contest will be over and the cheaters name will be listed on the thread. I do this because I want this contest to be a great one and one that we all can look back on and say, Cool I was a part of that.

Would it be a proper assumption that this should be an ALS ambulance?

Not necessarily. Only if you want to win. :wink:

Of course, if you spec out an EMT ambulance with ALS equipment, you FAIL! :lol:

Did I mention our entire budget is around $8 million to run 194 stations and serve around 2.9 million people?

$187,000 for an ambulance and all the toys in it ... wowee! I'm in heaven!

Can we use the cash to employ an additional three Advanced Paramedics coz I'm sick of single crewing? :lol:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.