New Contest - running until Jan 31

ok, let me clarify

the recent drawing of the red white and blue ambulance in I believe it was Fiznats post is what you are NOT striving for.

It is either canadian or Us funds whichever you are more comfortable using.

And no it does not have to be just a Als ambulance - it can be a bls ambulance.

And no none of the judges have been tasked with this in real life. I can tell you that I took a contract procurement class in my masters degree program and I did this exact thing but that was7 years ago. The tie breaker judge just did spec an ambulance out in the past year so I'm going to use him as tie breaker judge.

Any more questions?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh one more thing, the money is only to be used in the purchase of the ambulance. Any money left over goes back into the bank for next years budget purposes. There is no guarantee that you will have that money to use for next year if next years budget process goes sourly.

So if you have 45K left over then you essentially will lose that 45k. So if you do have 45K left over then what kind of vehicle or equipment would you want to purchase.

You cannot use the money left over to fund additional paramedics but..... you can use that money to fund a mechanic if you want.

A warning about The use of Google in your search to win this contest.

Use Google sparingly. I have multiple search engines that I use on a regular basis. Some are very very good and some are much better than Google.

I have found at least 40 web pages on google as well as hundreds in my alternate searches that do a great job in spec'ing these ambulances out.

A word of warning, do not use these pages as the basis of your submission. We will find out if you use these pages.

The prizes are coming out of my pocket and I will not tolerate cheating on this contest.

Just a word to the wise.

Well not to sound like a smart arse, what are we supposed to use?

I dug out the GSA KKK Specs and the ACS minimum equipment lists but that differs from our national prescription on equipment and also ourr drug suppliers supply our drugs in NZD based on the prices we have haggled to the death to get (damn cardiac arrests are expensive and we're broke!) ... so am I supposed to convert all those to USD etc?

And take my new pimped out Ford E450 Ultramedic, best place to find a price on one of those is online, not sure our local Ford dealer stocks them :)

Now, does it matter what we place INTO the ambulance, clinically wise? i.e. if I want to choose EZ-IO over Cooks or amiodarone over lido does it matter?

This is fun, its got me dreaming of a rig our current funding cant possibly provide! :lol:

The spec of your ambulance will differ from everyone elses and that's how this contest is supposed to work.

One person will spec it out one way while another person will spec it out completely different.

I don't have an issue with you using google or whatever online sources you have to use I just do not want to go to a website and see that you have taken what that website has and used it as your own. That will get you disqualified.

Just don't plagiarize. If you have an online source then by all means use it but don't plagiarize.

As for the equipment - I don't care what equipment you use. You can use a small garden hose cut up to make ET tubes if you want.

this is your ambulance to spec out. You choose what goes in it. You choose the interior packages, you choose your emergency lighting packages. What radios you use are your choices.

Everyone's ambulance will look different than another that is why there are no less than 20 ambulance manufacturers out there the same as multiple car manufacturers.

You can choose whatever currency you want to use.

If you choose Australian currency just make sure to make the amount equal 187K in us dollars.

Here is a currency converter http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Here is 187000 in us dollars converted to Australian dollars 217116.28

So if you are spec out an ambulance in australian dollars you have roughly 217K to spend in australian dollars.

A few others are as follows but you have the choice of any currency in the world. But a safe bet would be to stick with us dollars, australian currency, euros or british pounds.

Canadian dollars are roughly equal to what our dollar is worth which is crap. (sorry bout that)

If you went Euros - then you would have 129K to spend give or take a euro or two.

If you go Canadian dollar - you have 187,791K to spend

Yen - 21million yen

Pound - 94k pounds

Russian Ruble - 4.2 million rubles

chinese yuan - 1.3 million

Norwegian Kroners - 1.04million

and finally Mexican Pesos - 2,027,054 pesos

So use whatever currency you want. But remember to state which currency you are using.

Just make sure you put in your document what currency you used and how much the amount was you had to spend.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.