Notes for Alyssa... [Sept 30 Update]

DwayneEMTP

You are one eloquent son of a gun Dwayne... you write beautifully.

One of the strangest things I've learned about taking a little time to do something for some people - you get back way more than you give... and there is no way of knowing beforehand who that will be... go figure...

all the best of the season to you and yours too....

Love

Kaisu

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I'd bump this again.. my spidy sense tells me that this amazing young lady could use some encouragement at this time...

www.caringbridge.org/visit/alyssageske

Thanks all you guys

Well, Dwayne. I signed your niece's guest book and told her the best advice I could give her was to have fun. She seemed like the fun loving kind of kid. Keep us posted on how she's doing.

Well, Dwayne. I signed your niece's guest book and told her the best advice I could give her was to have fun. She seemed like the fun loving kind of kid. Keep us posted on how she's doing.

Will do FD5. It was nice of you to do that! Thanks...

Dwayne

• 2 months later...

This great kid is about halfway through her chemo course and although she is doing great, I thought I would bump this up in the forum again. If you're thinking about it, maybe you can let her know

cheers

Kaisu

Dwayne, how is she doing now? If you think posting too long of a post is a problem, don't worry about it. For her we are all in her corner. Think of her being adopted by all of us concerned. PM me even if need be. Get her a lap top, let her talk to us, huh? Just let her know we are thinking of her.

Pretty cool Doc, thanks.

She's doing very well it seems. The type of tumor she has is very difficult to monitor as it doesn't show markers in the blood as it dies, and it take a looonnnggg time to be reabsorbed as it dies so it's difficult to monitor it's size by scan.

She was told be to happy with a 15% decrease in size at 6 months (I'm pulling all of this out of my head, and as we all know my head isn't that reliable, you'll have to take it in the spirit intended) and it appears that she showed approx. 33% shrinkage at 6 months!

We're all pretty excited, but tempered by the realization that this is a terribly aggressive cancer with a tiny survival rate to 2 years.

But if there is a person that can put themselves into the tiny percentage with mental will alone...then little Alyssa is the one to do it. I wish you all could meet her...she's truly unique...a real individual amongst the masses (pun intended)

Thanks for thinking of her! I'll let her know she's welcome here.

Dwayne

Note: Should anyone invite her, we should start a different thread as there are things in this thread not productive for her to read at this time. For example my explanation of her survival chances...Know what I mean?

Know what you mean, man. It might discourage her, and that is the last thing she needs to do.

I'm like a big kid, I support Special Olympic's, because I have friends who are mentally challenged. I see past the challenged and I recognize them as people first.

My company that laid dormant for way to long is slowly making it's come back.

Jingle Jangle Jewelry has been around for quite sometime, and instead of giving candy to kids at halloween, I make special necklaces with a magnet backing on it, just incase they get caught on something, it will pull away from the child. *Safety First*.

When Katrina hit, many people were without a lot of stuff, I made over 50 necklaces and gave them to a friend who went down there as a relief in the Red Cross. She made someone's day.

Last year she died from Breast cancer, now coming up this summer, I hope to make necklaces to help support Breast Cancer, as a way to give back in her memory.

For Alyssa, how many girl friends does she have, it's not the amount of people she knows, I can make quite a few and ship them off to wherever they have to go.

A little bit of me goes into doing this because I care.

I have over 15 people willing and ready to spring into action if need arises to prove that this is true about my work. I have business cards, it's not to drum up business to just make a dollar or two. I dont make a living at this, if someone bought them from me, the money goes back into making more jewelry.

my main intentions is to say that someone cares, and that my dear is who I am.

I think of Alyssa as a new niece, even though she has plenty of Aunts, I'm sure. But when I make a new friend, it's Hi, I'm Aunty Wendy, glad to meet you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Dwayne, I don't know I stumbled onto this thread but I am really glad that I did. It was great to learn about Alyssa and all that she is going thru, and that she still has such a great outlook on everything. I am glad that her treatment is going as the doc's hope. And huge kudos to you for all you have been contending with and still gettin' your degree! I signed her guest book for the first time today and will be back to check on her often.

Cheers!

Heidi