Notes for Alyssa... [Sept 30 Update]

DwayneEMTP

I just read the most recent note posted by the family and my heart stopped when I read of her death.

I am saddened and disheartened that Cancer has taken this vibrant life from us.

There is another young lady on the caring bridge site named Lily Preston and she is also battling a brain tumor too.

She and Alyssa would have been wonderful friends if they ever met.

I am saddened and melancholy about this turn of events.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you to all for the love and prayers that you've posted in this thread. I'm sorry I haven't visited it more often. I hope you'll believe me when I tell you that the thoughts sent from here did in fact catch her attention and reiforced her strength and resolve.

She died in her sleep, unexpected as to the time, but certainly not to the eventuality.

Wendy, Kaisu, she knew you by name and counted you as friends. There is nothing you'll ever be able to ask of me that I wouldn't immediately do to repay that kindess.

She is having a wake (I think it's called?) tomorrow and then her funeral will be in CO Springs on Saturday. They are having the services in the school gym as there are over 500 people extected.

She was truly one of God's special people. Though she was tired, and ready to leave this world, she was also very excited to explore whatever may come next. I can't imagine that if I should live a long life, full of trials, that I'll ever be gifted with her faith, kindness, spirit and will.

I don't have the right words to express what many of the thoughts in this post mean to me, so I'll simply say, Thank You, again.

Have a great day all.

Dwayne