Notes for Alyssa... [Sept 30 Update]

DwayneEMTP

Hey all,

My niece Alyssa has been diagnosed with an inoperable malignant brain tumor.

She's 15 and has to have radiation therapy five times a week for the next 6 months (min) as well as Kemo for the next 9 months? (I might be getting them screwed up, this is still kind of new)

Her prognosis is bleak (I believe about 30% @ 2 years), but she's an amazing girl...strong, funny, very religious...she's just a peach.

I was hoping that maybe some of you would sign her guest book? Maybe tell her who you are, where you're from...just wish her well. Anything you want really. I just thought that when I was her age it would be amazing to get notes from people around the county, and around the world! And maybe even third world countries like Australia! ( :) )

There is a web page set up for kids with cancer...her's is http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/viewMyStory...hod=executeInit

You can read about her if you want, you have to register...just name and email I think (I just did it but can't remember) and then you can leave your note...

If Christianity is your way...she'd love to hear about it! If not, she'd just love to hear from you...and I'm hoping responding to notes will give her a way to fill her days now that she's not feeling so hot.

I will ask one thing. Please don't send advice on cures, herbals, going to Mexico or Sweden for treatment...etc. I don't mean to be offensive...her parents are still coming to terms with the thought of possibly losing their daughter...that's just too much to digest at this point.

I've met some of the most amazing people here. If you can find time for a note...I'll be grateful. If not, I know everyone is busy..

Have a great day all!

Dwayne

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI Dwayne

I tried to visit her site, but I am getting an error from the link that you posted. Something about your time on the website has expired or the website could not be found. If you could post the the link to her website specifically that would be a great help.

I copied that address and pasted it into a new tab. It worked very well.. better than linking. Your niece is going thru difficult times. I was glad to sign the guestbook and I will be back to sign it again.

Dwayne, your family is in our prayers, from your neice to you you are in our prayers. Guestbook signed

Speedy recovery but we know that sometimes is not possible.

You and I have shared some tough times here via pm's and phone calls and you can always PM or call me if needed.

Take care buddy, you have my thoughts and my prayers.

Thanks all...as well as to those of you that wrote to her but didn't post here...You didn't slip by!

Your messages are amazing...gentle, happy, positive, loving messages...Next time I get the flu I'm going to start a blog for me!

You are inspiring...

Have a great day all!

Dwayne