Be a patriot & do your part

PCB

Nice to pop in and condemn a member for a lame post Asy, I love your defending of "Non Americans" and women. Just out of curiosity where were your comments when I posted about a Muslim Saudi women being lashed 200 times for reporting a rape? Where was the outrage for women then?

NREMT-B, countless?? Three is countless to you? What is 4? Beyond reckoning?

appeal to Admin to remove the post,lock the thread and suspend the authors posting ability for a at least a month if not banning the poster altogether.

You know if one was to look at who has stirred up more shit in threads you vs PCB, guess what you win hands down. So I would be careful about chucking rocks through windows laddie.

As someone who is truly an equal opportunity offender I am consistently amazed at what can tork some people off. You find this joke offensive but you let this one slide, and this one, and finally this one.

I honestly believe some of the weakest words a human can utter are "that offends me" when speaking of anything short of violence and war. What you are really saying is my fragile ego cannot handle anything outside of my norm.

For God sakes grow a pair or get the wad out of your panties it was just a joke. Not even that funny of a joke and old as hell.

I honestly believe some of the weakest words a human can utter are "that offends me" when speaking of anything short of violence and war. What you are really saying is my fragile ego cannot handle anything outside of my norm.

For God sakes grow a pair or get the wad out of your panties it was just a joke. Not even that funny of a joke and old as hell.

I'd say it depends why they say it. It's a way of saying "I don't like you making fun of that, because it suggests you correlate Muslims with terrorists in your head and that sucks for American Muslims when so many people have the idea actively in their heads." (And they're right, it does end up manifesting in subtle and major ways). So, I think that's actually strong of them to say. It's not easy to say, either.

(I personally don't...but I'm screwed up...I make fun of anything/everything, including personal friends who have died if I know they were the same way...BUT with my friends we all know how much respect we actually do have for other cultures and people way beyond the norm...they'd intervene in an actual racist social situation at school...)

Anyway, point is, I'm fine with someone being offended. It just means we have different humors and I won't say that stuff around them....I can't blame them for not being screwed up like me.... :)

OMG - People are you kidding me? Hello our husbands, wives, children are playing in the giant sand box over there to ensure we have the right to post and read stuff like that. So if you are offended, good that means you have the option and freedom of being insulted. For those of you that laughed Rock On life is to short and as a a women i was trying to figure out what friends I could fool into thinking it was true. That would make a great post card for our local soldier boys.

Political correctness offends me.

/thread.

That said, just as the so called "freedom" [private web board means that Admin can lock any thread that he pleases. You have no more freedom here than what he gives[ gave the OP the ability to write post this gives everyone else the freedom to roll our eyes at the joke. Regardless of if it's offensive, the joke is still lame.

AS a FEMALE I agree the Joke was lame and that was the reason why I placed a comment on it- just to pull it out of the dusty barrons of the uncommented post file....... and to see if I was alone on the thought of lameness here..........

HHHmm I wonder what Dust would say if HE recived this joke on a post card..........

Wow! Amazing how up in arms we become over something as simple as a joke... yet we do and say nothing about some of the more important issues.

This particular thread reminds me of certain female classmates of mine who insist that "human" be spelled "humyn", and that the word "female" is inappropriate because it partially contains the word "male" reinforcing the sinful Eve/Adam's rib idea.... by trying to emphasize the small issues and blowing them out of proportion, the larger picture and their greater goals are obscured.

If it is important to you and offends you, I respect that. But as much as I respect that, I still choose to exercise my rights, since spelling things a certain way or telling certain jokes does not oppress you nor take away *your* rights.

Something comes to mind here... No likee? No clickee. NO READEE! If you accidentally clickee and readee and realize that you didn't likee, don't blame the postee. Wups! Sucks. You read something you didn't like.

You know... I complain a lot about the left-wing bent that many of my college classes have, and how much I have grown to despise literary fiction because of the themes of children get raped, life sucks, men are evil etc. BUT- I choose to take the classes. While I may not be aware of the contents of every book before I read it, I am still responsible for having undertaken the reading.

This is a free forum. Moderated for safety and a modicum of decency- with those guidelines being in the eye of the moderator. If you don't like the level of restriction here and the fact that you may be exposed to something you don't like, then you might consider reading elsewhere.

Feel free to comment on the tastelessness of jokes or posts... I certainly did a couple months ago... but do not suggest that posters should be banned for exercising their rights and posting things they find to be acceptable or funny. What if I hated bunny rabbits and anyone with a bunny avatar or any thread relating to rabbits was extremely distasteful to me and offensive?

It's all in the eye of the beholder, folks. What's funny to you is not to someone else... so take everything with a grain of salt and give each other some elbow room. No need to send out the assassins!

Wendy

CO EMT-B

I would first like to say, that the joke made me laugh.

Now for those who said your offended...remember this is the "Funny Stuff" section, there is a warning that adult content and offensive material may be located here. However I don't really see why you are all offended. It was a joke, lighten up a bit.

However, I'm glad it was located under funny stuff.....I almost did it... :lol::lol:

JOKE!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.