Tattoo question

That is AWESOME!!!!

I am so not worthy! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Peace,

Marty

squint removes sword from belt (ok thats stretching it) removes multitool touching each shoulder with rusty blade:

scaramedic of the royal order of the special forces obs/gyn ..........

I now dub you sir Night, all rise to welcome a brother into the fold of the "twisted"

As for Lord Lone Star my BIG Brother..... thats my line ......LMFAO.

• 2 weeks later...

Professionals do not display anything that could dishonor themselves or their chosen profession. Keep the tatoos and other crap covered. Be clean shaven, no facial hair male or female. Females only 1 earring if any per ear, males no earrings. Males short haircuts, Females keep hair up out of the way. Keep a clean spare uniform with you at all times. Just a few rules as we look to become professionals.

If you want to be an individual do it on your time.

I have seen many of these (lumbar area) tats in Chinese lettering, this may be an old joke but I do ask the young Ladies if they can read Cantonese or Mandarin....short answer, nope.

I inform them that unknown to them as I am well versed in these Languages.. the lettering does NOT mean, long life, health and happyness, wealth or love.

It's says "WIDE LOAD"

Tattoo%20European.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ha! Pointless banter. We all know that any patient well enough to b!tch about a non offensive tatoo didn't really need an ambulance in the first place. Isn't this what half of you would truly like to say?

OK...

Seriously...

There are about 50,000 reasons a patient can complain or pass judgment about me, so if they want to complain about a tattoo of an eagle on my forearm that's fine. If they complain about my care, that's when I will be concerned.

Should the eagle on my forearm ever become a problem, then I guess it's long sleeve shirts in my future. Not much of a problem either... I live in Maine.

BTW...

Don't attempt to feed me that little old lady line either. I have recieved many compliments on the tat' from little old ladies. But then again it's an eagle not a demon or some of those earlier examples.

Ha! Pointless banter. We all know that any patient well enough to b!tch about a non offensive tatoo didn't really need an ambulance in the first place. Isn't this what half of you would truly like to say?

One of the hallmarks of mental illness is that the victim honestly believes that he is no different from everybody else. That's why they fail those psych tests that seem so obvious to sane people.

Maybe half of those with tattoos would truly like to say that, but I don't see many normal people saying any such thing. And EMT City certainly isn't known to be a place where people hold back their true feelings. You're pep-talking yourself, but you're not selling anybody else. And you are completely wrong on all counts.

I suspect you would agree that if an old fat man with a beard dressed as a woman were to be the medic sent to care for you, you would be wary of his professionalism. Unless you disagree, then you are accepting the fact that image is important. And if you accept that fact, then you have to accept the fact that ink sends a negative message to a very high percentage of the population, and is therefore a valid concern for them, for you, and for your agency. Like it or not, that's how it is.

And, of course, body art simply displays poor judgment. Many of us would prefer to not have people with poor judgment taking our lives in their hands. I doubt that you would.

Then there is the simple fact that one can be seriously ill or injured, yet still remain completely aware of his surroundings, as well as lucid enough to be cognizant of their implications. This is the most fatal flaw in your stupid statement above. If you fail to recognise it, then you are in serious denial, or a major, low-time rookie.

I have recieved many compliments on the tat' from little old ladies.

And you believed them? ROFL!!! Then you probably believe that 'size doesn't matter' and 'the cheque is in the mail' too. :D

Here's what your tattoo says to them, and most everybody else...

Attention_Whore_by_CatONineTails.jpg

Oh, and SpellCheck is your friend. Those who cannot spell "tattoo" probably shouldn't get one.

I dig tattoos...I grew up in the 'biker' culture, I like mine and will probably get more...

But unless you happen to have need of my services while I'm in the shower (And I promise you, none of us wants that...) you'll never see them....(upper arms where even a shorter short sleeved shirt won't expose them, shoulders, etc)

If you're thinking of entering a "profession" that is not body art based, and want to be taken seriously, keep 'em where others don't have to look at them...It's simply the adult thing to do...

Dwayne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.