Is alcohol (storage/ingestion) tolerated at your station?

vs-eh?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not expecting that.

Mayor Bloomberg did use the wording I quoted, but was not fully quoted in...what is that, a publication of, from and/or by the beer-making industry?

My only issue with the item shown is, the Rockaways is a part of Queens County, New York City, and not Brooklyn (Kings) County, New York City. I am a "lifer" in the Rockaways, and do not remember the peninsula moving across Jamaica Bay/Rockaway Inlet to physically join my Brooklyn neighbors.

Furthermore, it is a small part of an ongoing problem, that of a beach front community where, during the summer swimming season, the lifeguards go off duty at 6 PM, while the homeowners might still be in transit heading home. Local politicians and activists are trying to get the rules changed, and monies made available, to have lifeguards available to at least 8 PM.

Current rules are, the water closes at 6, the sand at 10, and, in those areas where there is one, the boardwalks close at midnight. Bicycling on the boardwalk is forbidden after 9 AM, when the water is supposed to be open, but, this year as in the last 10 years, there are many beaches closed due to no lifeguards (They also claim that we have nesting Piping Plovers, a Federally protected species of shore bird we are not allowed to approach).

Is that what we paid for, when we bought these houses and homes, but commute to "the city"(Manhattan), to pay for them, and the associated city taxes?

My apologies, I am ranting on local Queens County New York City Community Board 14 issues, in an international forum. Sorry for the hijack of the string.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.