A call to arms! EMT-B's defend yourself!

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thnk we should allow whit to explain that. Remember "What happens while abducted, stays that way"

What happens in 'outer space', stays in 'outer space'?

I have to agree with what whit said th ough....if the Basic can't recognize that the pt care reqired is out of the Basic scope of practice, then it's time to call in the big medic guns and let them do what needs to be done. If the Basic is too 'gung ho', egotistical, or just plain stupid to realize that the pts condition is more than they can handle, then they need to be removed from that position. They are doing nothing more than contributing to the degredation of pt condition.

And you would have potentially killed your patient thus further proving our point.................

High flow O2 in a stroke pt. is contraindicated due to cerebral vasoconstriction potentially increasing the infarct and further occluding cerebral blood flow. In fact, most stroke pts. require NO OXYGEN!

So tell me again why your EMT basic class qualifies you to treat pts. in an emergency response environment????

Just FYI, O2 protocols differ by area. High flow would be required here.

Dustdevil.....

I am working on obtaining those pre reqs you mentioned.....as well as taking on line con -ed classes to advance my knowledge in this field.....to be very honest your post hasn't angered or offended me in the least it has just made me more determined than every to comple my medic training and be one of the best in the field with my own unique blend of knowledge and compassion. I have confidence that when I have accomplished my goals I will be able to confidently and honestly treat my patients in the most comprehensive , caring and professional manner possible. :D

Dustdevil.....

I am working on obtaining those pre reqs you mentioned.....as well as taking on line con -ed classes to advance my knowledge in this field.....to be very honest your post hasn't angered or offended me in the least it has just made me more determined than every to comple my medic training and be one of the best in the field with my own unique blend of knowledge and compassion. I have confidence that when I have accomplished my goals I will be able to confidently and honestly treat my patients in the most comprehensive , caring and professional manner possible. :D

Way to sas him sassy. Good attitude. Get the education and use what works for you to be the best medic possible. I have worked with some good ones that had horrible bed side manner and I've worked with some good caring medics. Both got the job done. The only problem with the caring medics they sometimes carry the patients pain with them and end up burning out. Make sure you can care while they're with you but also that you can forget them when you leave.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.