A call to arms! EMT-B's defend yourself!

So finally, after 6 hours, two full meals, 4 bathroom breaks, a twelve pack of nestea, and a pack of cigarettes.. I have finally gotten through this entire thread.

Unfortunately, I don't believe there is anything that I might be able to contribute that will be any different from what anyone else has said.

Here's my two cents...

Get rid of Basics, get rid of Intermediates, get rid of Medics, get rid of EMS all together. How's that for ultimate population control. I mean, really think about it. Take EMS out of the picture, and a lot of people die. I'd estimate that approx. 68% of those who are directly affected will be scrote bags, drunks, immigrants, junkies, homeless, diabetics, criminals, and the elderly, who honestly don't deserve advanced level treatment anyway. We get rid of the problems of the world simply by not helping. Yeah sure we might lose a few decent, upstanding citizens, but sacrifices need to be made to obtain utopia. Then there will be more money and resources to go 'round for the rest of us. Unless of course you die because of it. Just think about it...

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, short essay is perfect. Punctuation and grammar count (this is going to be college level stuff here). Answers must contain well-thought out ideas with as much supportive data as possible (depending on topic). And all answers will be graded by your peers... wait a minute... that's not a good idea... RESET: And all answers will be graded by Admin, Ridryder, & AKflight. To ensure impartiality.

Cuz' lets be honest... if DD is grading, everyone fails... If I grade, no one will understand my grading system, and I won't post grades for several days. If It2ker grades, everyone gets an A (why is she always so darn happy?) :lol: If whit72 is grading, he'll just agree with Dust in the end after attempting to put up a fight. If Aussery1 is grading everone will get a grade of "Q", and no one will have the foggiest idea what is going on. If Timmy is grading, no matter what the grade we all end up at Chuck-E-Cheese. And spenac will just start a thread about bashing the grading system altogether.

:sign5: Man Cos, you have everyone figured out don't you. I love it.

So finally, after 6 hours, two full meals, 4 bathroom breaks, a twelve pack of nestea, and a pack of cigarettes.. I have finally gotten through this entire thread.

Unfortunately, I don't believe there is anything that I might be able to contribute that will be any different from what anyone else has said.

Here's my two cents...

Get rid of Basics, get rid of Intermediates, get rid of Medics, get rid of EMS all together. How's that for ultimate population control. I mean, really think about it. Take EMS out of the picture, and a lot of people die. I'd estimate that approx. 68% of those who are directly affected will be scrote bags, drunks, immigrants, junkies, homeless, diabetics, criminals, and the elderly, who honestly don't deserve advanced level treatment anyway. We get rid of the problems of the world simply by not helping. Yeah sure we might lose a few decent, upstanding citizens, but sacrifices need to be made to obtain utopia. Then there will be more money and resources to go 'round for the rest of us. Unless of course you die because of it. Just think about it...

Medicine, preventing evolution one idiot at a time.

8) hey i am new to this site but i only have one thing to say i am in illinois and compare almost 7000 paramedics registered to almost 17000 basics registered face it we dont do it for the money we all need each other we can use each other well when you work together give us a chance guys we'll show u what we can do.

paramedics=army...basics=........MARINES

First, welcome to the city. You have the chance to do a great deal of learning here, and hopefully contributing as well. That way we can all have the chance to learn from each other.

Second, please construct your posts using some form of acceptable grammar. Remember that people's first impressions of you on the forum are based on how you construct your threads or posts. Poor grammar indicates a lack of education, or even worse a lack of effort to make sure you're conveying your points clearly. Spell check is your friend. But punctuation is something you need to do yourself. Your written word on a forum such as this is as good as your spoken word in person. Put forth a good image not only for yourself, but for our chosen profession as well.

Third, this "not doing it for the money" comment doesn't really come into play and has little to do with the topic at hand. Comparing the numbers of providers doesn't do much either. In fact, if the minimum standard to work on an ambulance were at the EMT-Paramedic level then we might see fair wages which would attract people to go through the educational process in order to fill the position. Add to that the fact that there would be less volunteers (if any) and now the field as a whole is in a position to request better wages and working conditions. They're educated, willing to work and there aren't more people giving the job away for free than are getting paid for it. It's hard to ask for a good wage when people give the job away. Where I live, there are few paramedic volunteers but the majority of BLS services are volunteer. So the volunteer EMT-Basic's far outweigh those that are paid. So if the working conditions and wages were better, you'd see a large decline in your 17,000 basics and a sharp increase in your 7,000 paramedics.

We can and do work together currently. That's how many systems are designed to work in fact. The problem is that the system itself is flawed. Given the option of working with a basic or working with another paramedic (assuming both are competent in their job), I would prefer to work with another medic. It saves me from getting burned out from always getting slammed, and it's someone who knows what needs to happen or that can come up with some other ideas with regard to what's happening to a patient. For most EMT's, once you start talking on a higher level with regard to medicine and physiology or pathophysiology they get lost quickly (unless they've had some additional classes or another interest in A&P and medicine). This can be frustrating more often than not. And I am willing to teach them, but it's teaching them from the ground up since the vast majority of EMT-Basic courses don't teach an acceptable minimum amount of material to make a solid foundation for further education. How many EMT-Basic classes really went over anatomy & physiology? Or talk in detail about critical thinking and decision making? With the new providers coming out here, and from listening to other's at places like EMT City; I can confidently say that not many EMT-Basic programs are acceptable.

Finally, your military anaology is a stretch at best. Most of us here are not military and the analogy loses it's value quickly. Especially since everyone's views of each branch of the military is biased or subject to opinion. But since you say that the basic's are the "marine's" of EMS, how would patient outcome fare if their supporting troops were more basics? Patient outcome probably wouldn't change that much since you're limited by your scope of practice. Given a military situation, I'm sure that marine's backed by more marine's could handle their task. It's a manpower issue. Not an educational issue.

The bottom line is that EMT's need to become more educated, and with that education should come a new minimum standard. Until the system changes though, if you want to be a great EMT go take an anatomy & physiology course at your local college. A&P is the universal language of medicine and will help you to obtain a solid foundation to build upon and maybe help you gain a better understanding of where EMS needs to go and why it needs to go there.

Shane

NREMT-P

paramedics=army...basics=........MARINES

Holy crap!

Ive got a new slogan for a bumper sticker, ill be a millionair! Whackers from across the united statesd will buy it, losers from Australia with FDNY, SWAT and FBI T-shirts will buy it as well just to try an "americanise" their ute with the chevrolet badge the imported to stick on the grill....It will be huge! Amongst star of life tattoos, wig wags, 3000 dollar electronic stethoscpes and dodgy trauma bags it will be a number one seller! Even outsell "paramedics save EMT's" bumper stickers!

Half eaten cheetos everywhere.....................

.......quick, asys, wheres that bloke with the yugo! He can be the first customer! we could split the profit, pay of my HECS debt and enough left over to buy that mob of pigs for the EMT city idiot disposal unit :twisted:

Holy crap!

Ive got a new slogan for a bumper sticker, ill be a millionair! Whackers from across the united statesd will buy it, losers from Australia with FDNY, SWAT and FBI T-shirts will buy it as well just to try an "americanise" their ute with the chevrolet badge the imported to stick on the grill....It will be huge! Amongst star of life tattoos, wig wags, 3000 dollar electronic stethoscpes and dodgy trauma bags it will be a number one seller! Even outsell "paramedics save EMT's" bumper stickers!

Half eaten cheetos everywhere.....................

.......quick, asys, wheres that bloke with the yugo! He can be the first customer! we could split the profit, pay of my HECS debt and enough left over to buy that mob of pigs for the EMT city idiot disposal unit :twisted:

Bushy, I have already looked into patenting that slogan. 8) However, feel free to market it on that side of the globe. :wink:

Id have to change it, you know, to suit the Aussie style...

Paramedics = Beer.......EMT = AMERICAN BEER!

:lol:

Id have to change it, you know, to suit the Aussie style...

Paramedics = Beer.......EMT = AMERICAN BEER!

:lol:

Being from Canada, I can relate to that one. 8)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.