A call to arms! EMT-B's defend yourself!

spenac....

careful that there isn't a test on what you read........ :shock: .

EMTCITY pop-quiz forum? Excellent idea! Are you listening ADMIN?

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering .......... were you ever a basic or did you just train as a field medic with the military and then challange the civilian Medics boards????

I truly worked my way up through the ranks, all the way from the bottom. Boy Scout first aid --> Standard First Aid --> Advanced First Aid --> ECA (first responder in Texas) --> military medic --> EMT-A (the old EMT-:lol: --> paramedic --> RN. Even mixed RT school in there after medic school. I suppose since I didn't ever do Intermediate or LVN, some might consider that skipping ahead though, lol.

It is because I have actually been at those lower levels that I know what I am talking about. Those who have never been anything but what they currently are have no concept of what they are missing. I thought I was a trauma god after EMT school too. But at no point did I ever delude myself into believing that the system was just as well off with me as a paramedic. Nor, as a paramedic, did I ever think that the hospital was just as well off with me as an RN. And once you move up to those levels, you realise just how ignorant and inadequate you were before. That is why it is just so laughable to hear the average EMT talk about what is good for EMS as if he/she actually has enough perspective to judge.

dustdevil,

I know I have a lot to learn about this field but I look forward to the challange. I just want my small contribution to be the best it can be and to make my mark as one of the best there is out there for my knowledge as well as my compassion tword my patients and their families. High goal??? Maybe. But this basic likes to keep her goals high, her mind open to all she can learn and all those questions out there that are yet to be asked.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.